Pars v Bairns Tuesday August 19

Gaz FFC

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chronic league form often seems to go hand in hand with decent cup form for us over the years - Kenny got us to two finals, Jocky Scott and that grim 0-3 league cup final against Celtic under Leishman. Still think we'll get humped in this one though.

DAFC Preview:

http://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Manager_and_captain_contemplate_Petrofac_derby&ID=7904

Going by the brief team news on the story above, and assuming all 3 miss out, I'd go;

Scully

Millen

Page

Martin

Drummond

Geggan

Spence

Falkingham

Stirling

Ugwu

Moffat

Subs:

Goodfellow

Williamson

Thomson

Byrne

Forbes

Faissal

Smith

DAFC Preview:

http://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Manager_and_captain_contemplate_Petrofac_derby&ID=7904

Going by the brief team news on the story above, and assuming all 3 miss out, I'd go;

Scully

Millen

Page

Martin

Drummond

Geggan

Spence

Falkingham

Stirling

Ugwu

Moffat

Subs:

Goodfellow

Williamson

Thomson

Byrne

Forbes

Faissal

Smith

By all accounts ugwu was pretty poor vs Forfar. I'd have faiss or smith ahead of him, otherwise I agree with the starting 11. Would also have Stirling on the right rather than the left.

I've absolutely no idea how to play this tbh. While I've been highly critical of Jeffries and his 4 central midfielders tactic it might help and shitfest it against Falkirk, f**k knows.

Scully

Millen-Page-Martin-Drummond

Spence

Geggan-Falkingham

Faiss---------------------Smith

Moffat

Try and hit them on the counter with the pace of Faiss and Smith, tell Geggan, Falkingham and Spence to be very disciplined, hold there position in the centre of the park and hope for the best tbh. Do Falkirk play down the wings? Fear for us if they do, was Cooper not once highly thought of and went to Liverpool?

By all accounts ugwu was pretty poor vs Forfar. I'd have faiss or smith ahead of him, otherwise I agree with the starting 11. Would also have Stirling on the right rather than the left.

Tbh, I didn't think Ugwu was terrible vs Forfar. I certainly think he'll add something to us and I thought he and Moffat linked up well at times for the first time of them playing together. He should've scored his one-on-one early on, indeed, and a few frustrating instances got groans from the Pars support, but I think the lad will do alright for us and I think he'll only be able to get better by playing and by forming a partnership with Moffat.

In terms of Stirling, he played the majority of games for Stranraer last season on the left and was very effective. I think it's good he's able to play on both sides, as well as in the middle, so it gives us options to chop and change during the game if need be. Hopefully he's fit enough to start.

Not decided if I'm going to this one yet, I don't fancy our chances tbh. Won't even going to hazard a guess at what our starting 11 could be, as it'll probably be the classic useless nonsense from the tactical dinosaur Jim Jefferies. No width and no plan b. Playing four central midfielders is horrific. In addition to that I don't rate Shaun Byrne at all anymore. I'd leave him out, unless we are really struggling to get a midfield together (which I don't think we are).

Would be surprised if we get within a goal. Sticking my rent money on Falkirk -1.

My bets are

Falkirk 3-0

Blair Alston anytime scorer

Falkirk -2

Blair Alston to score and Pars to win (my finger slipped when I tried to cancel, wanted to bet Alston/Falkirk).

Archived