Pars v Bairns Tuesday August 19

Gaz FFC

We need a new derogatory term for this league. 'The Seaside League' doesn't cut it any more as by my reckoning there are now only 3 'coastal' teams in the division. 'The Agricultural League' works far better, as not only does it suggest that the division is full of teams from farms, it also suggests that the football played is 'agricultural'.

The diddy leagues?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the highlights.

Wasn't sure about it at the time but Millen clearly stamps on Biabi. There is also zero head contact between the two.

Whilst I accept there was no need for Biabi to role about 3 or 4 times, it probably hurt. He was also stupid to square up to him, even if something was said. You simply have to rise above it.

Saying that, if I were a Dunfermline fan I'd be pretty ashamed of the way Millen behaved tbh. We should absolutely appeal that red and hopefully Millen receives some kind of further punishment. c**t.

"Aw yeah, his diving was bad but the other diving was much worse!!"

Have a look at yourself you absolute melt.

Cowdenbeath though, what they doing on here?

2nd best Fife team in Scotland after Raith I suppose......

Well it looks like a wee jaunt to be had to one of the wee teams again to Stranraer, didnt realise it was the Saturday, So piss up it will be

Can the pars advise me on pubs etc, been a while since I have been, infact the last time I was there was when Jim Jefferies was in charge, missed the supporters bus and got home on team bus of which Houstie was fantastic with us chatting away offering us coffee, tea when we both had carry oots with us unopened....!!!

The game in question was a Scottish cup game in which we got beat and is also noted in the Jim Jefferies book where he bends the truth, stating the bus stopped outside a chip shop enroute home which had Falkirk fans in it, he states he asked the team if they wanted to go in, and they refused. This is completely made up as none of that happened....what did happen was me and my mate got home before the supporters bus carry out intact...... :huh: But back in the pub before everybody... :)

Jefferies book also stated Yogi had said we would just have to win the league after the defeat to Stranraer and I wonder who we did pip to win the league that year.....sure that was the 5-0 and you won fuk all song that was sung throughout Falkirk on that hazy Saturday night....ah memories........

Highlights here...
IMDB rating
Dunfermline 1 2 Falkirk
Sex & Nudity
0/10
Violence & Gore
10/10
A young ghostly figure is seen standing on a young man's leg
A young man in agony is seen performing somersaults
The ghostly man falls down after somersault man moves his head towards him
Somersault man is seen aiming a headbutt at a Yorkshireman
Alcohol/Drugs/Smoking
2/10
Out of sight in the toilets

You can see why Dunfermline had to resort to their thuggery on Botti, it was the only way they could stop him. Ripped the pish out of the defence to set up the first, then a lovely little lay off for the second. He was stupid to chase after Millen, but the "headbutt" was a nonsense, embarrassing stuff from Millen.

The Pars players are clearly the villains here. Millen deserves to be banned for not being too badly hurt by his opponents headbutt and Falkingham is also guilty of unsporting conduct. By getting out of the way of the headbutt aimed at him he denied fans the right to debate just how badly he had been hurt by the headbutt. Animals.

Just watched the highlights. We missed some good chances. Decent finishes for their goals.

Hard to tell from that video but it looks like thre might have been a stamp on the Falkirk player. Doesn't excuse his hilarious and illogical rolling though. No Falkirk players were claiming anything though. The 'headbutt' was nothing of the sort; it was just a moving of the head towards Millen. There was barely any contact. Millen should be ashamed of acting like a wee pussy. What a p***k. I detest that stuff. Was still a red card mind as per the rules. What a stupid thing to do.

It was very very clear he headbutted Millen

Bottie headbutted Millen. It wasn't two players going head to head, it was one player acting like a thug.

I have every confidence that pictures and video when they become available will show botti up for the cheat and thug he is.

Having seen the highlights I think there are some Falkirk fans who need to go take some english lessons. They clearly don't know what no means.

Well? Is it still "very very clear" that he headbutted him then? Does the contact shown in the highlights really show Botti clearly headbutting Millen in a thuggish manner? Did that contact merit Millen throwing himself to the ground as he did? Take your time.

Well? Is it still "very very clear" that he headbutted him then? Does the contact shown in the highlights really show Botti clearly headbutting Millen in a thuggish manner? Did that contact merit Millen throwing himself to the ground as he did? Take your time.

Yes it's still very clear, you have to be very blinkered not to see it. I'm not sure how any piece of violent conduct can't be thuggish tbh, but if the one on Millen isn't enough the attempts on Falkingham surely is enough for him to be noted as a thug.

Was it enough force to send Millen to the ground? no. But in terms of merit there is a clear benefit to Millen to go to ground. Unless you put seeming harder to be above helping your team.

Having seen the video I have to say I feel a bit ashamed to see a Pars player behaving in that manner.

First of all he needlessly stamped on the boy, although I think he made a meal of it, then falls over like a total cheat.

Hopefully this will be the end of him in the team, I get the feeling he is a bit of a golden boy and can do no wrong in the eyes of Jefferies.

The Falkirk fan above has a point we simply can't handle any player of real quality and after the first goal we had to resort to this.

What is happening to this team? Two weeks left for JJ, Saturday is a must win.

Yes it's still very clear, you have to be very blinkered not to see it. I'm not sure how any piece of violent conduct can't be thuggish tbh, but if the one on Millen isn't enough the attempts on Falkingham surely is enough for him to be noted as a thug.

Was it enough force to send Millen to the ground? no. But in terms of merit there is a clear benefit to Millen to go to ground. Unless you put seeming harder to be above helping your team.

Your last sentence is a load of shite. I despise that attitude. It was in front of the ref so he was getting a red card anyway. People like you who condone this shite have added to the general perception that cheating in football is fine. You are part of the problem (as are any Falkirk fans who think it's fine for their player to roll around like he did).

Falkirk fans are aware that there doesn't need to be contact for it to be deemed violent conduct and a red card, right?

See Rob Matthaei's hilarious red card at Easter Road when he gave fresh air a right good kicking or Mark Viduka's gob at Marc Millar for further evidence of this.

Yes, Millen hasn't covered himself in glory at the incident but the was Bia-bi's play acting in the first instance that triggered the whole thing.

It wasn't a headbutt, nothing of the sort. Botti reacted ridiculously and deserved a red for that, but he didn't headbutt Millen. As for the last part of your post, I think DA Baracus sums it up pretty well below:

Your last sentence is a load of shite. I despise that attitude. It was in front of the ref so he was getting a red card anyway. People like you who condone this shite have added to the general perception that cheating in football is fine. You are part of the problem (as are any Falkirk fans who think it's fine for their player to roll around like he did).

Falkirk fans are aware that there doesn't need to be contact for it to be deemed violent conduct and a red card, right?

Yes, Millen hasn't covered himself in glory at the incident but the was Bia-bi's play acting in the first instance that triggered the whole thing.

Of course there doesn't, many have said already that he deserved a red card anyway. Even though he didn't headbutt Millen, he was still out of line.

It was obviously Millen stamping on Botti that triggered it all. If he doesn't do that, Botti has no reason to overreact, he doesn't chase after Millen, and the whole embarrassing incident for both players doesn't occur. Both players were in the wrong, lets just leave it at that.

See Rob Matthaei's hilarious red card at Easter Road when he gave fresh air a right good kicking or Mark Viduka's gob at Marc Millar for further evidence of this.

Oh, So Botti was play acting before he was stamped on? I must have missed that.

There are a couple of reasonable Pars fans above who are big enough to admit what happened. Pars for life appears to be a bit of a simpleton though.

I find no reason to get any angrier at a player going down easily than someone preventing a quick free kick or holding they guy they're marking shirt out of view from the ref or claiming for throws that they know isn't theirs.

The idea that any of those things listed are new is a obviously not true.

Some of these things refs/IFAB change there opinion from time to time but whilst they are more likely to give a free-kick or book or send someone off if the person they have fouled/commited violent conduct on goes to ground and that they don't take any action so long as contact takes place I want every player that plays for the pars to use this to our advantage providing they are capable of doing so. Sportsmanship is long dead and we shouldn't weaken ourselves by taking some moral high ground. I have no shame in this stance.

It wasn't a headbutt, nothing of the sort.

What do you call it then? I'm not sure what else you can call it. Just becouse it wasn't hard doesn't change the action.

Archived