Berwick Rangers vs Arbroath

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatley good at left back???? Hmmm maybe a lucky thing he got game time there if he played well? Could be the answer. Great photos. Can you say who the defender will be or atleast give any hints??? Massively needed so look forward to seeing who it is. So impressed that we pulled a win off today with the circumstances.

Favourite photo B) post-14721-14076264434264_thumb.jpg

Cant believe we lost this one??...........we should have had 4 or 5 in the first half alone, Arbroath were shockingly bad.....which goes to show we still need a proven striker in this window, just hope Cameron gets this sorted ASAP!!!

Unfortunately, I can believe we lost it. We do it all the time despite dominating games. Clyde game last year springs to mind when we had 25 or so shots to their 1 and lost 1-0. It isn't a coincidence or luck. It's awful finishing and poor final balls.

Seems to me like we had a shocker in the 1st half going by Lichtie23. Were we alright 2nd half? We had our 2 first choice centre midfielders playing left back and centre half, 2 second choice centre mids on. 1 out of the 2 (TWO) defenders on the park out of position and we still came away with a win.

Fucking superb. :lol:

We will be a lot better next time we play you, chance missed for you guys it seems.

I thought Lavery was a good striker??? Boys class on FM. :lol:

Seriously hope we get some faces in at the back for next week.

Lavery went off injured in the first half. It left is without probably our 3 best players in him, Lee Currie and Grey, but it's still no excuse considering how dominant we were first half an how we still managed to waste at least 2 absolute sitters in the 2nd.

Deja vu all over again. It's just the same old same old that we've had for last four or five years now. Decent football at times, midfield non-existent at times, shocking final balls into the box, no pace, not enough men forward, fail to kill off teams when we are on top. It's really getting tedious - flirt with the play offs and finish fifth, hoping for better the following season.

We're too easily bullied off the ball and put on the back foot. Arbroath came out in second half a different team, more direct and better long balls and we didn't have a clue how to deal with it. We should have been ready for it - there was no way they could have been as bad in the second as they were in the first but any physicality and we shrink into ourselves. There was no one on bench who was going to come on and turn the game once we fell behind. Only positives were Willis looked ok in first half, Notman did what Notman does and Bauld made two good saves albeit the rebound from one led to the first goal.

Lose next week and the game the following week against Shire takes on season defining characteristics.

Arbroath committed a robbery. They were absolutely awful, probably due to their makeshift look, but they came away with all three points. Their only player to impress me throughout was McManus who looked very lively. Can see why there was hype about him. I'm sure we were in for him around January according to rumours - he'd have been a great signing. Their number 6 was absolutely fucking teargas though, I was getting infuriated knowing we were getting beat by a clogger like that. He's that gash Montrose will already have him on their Angus shortlist for releases come the end of season.

Berwick, as usual, have no one else to blame but themselves. I was really impressed with our first half, we should have been 3-4 up. I didn't think the goal which was ruled out for offside was off, either. Dalziel hit the bar and despite decent balls in, no one would gamble on it at the back stick. We were actually quite lucky to score. Well finished by Willis but what the f**k was Crawford playing at, literally passing it to him when he's 10 yards out.

Second half the basics just went - it even shows in the goals conceeded. Sloppy shite. Bald made an absolutely cracking save for the first, only to be let down by a defence who reacted slower. The second came from a free-kick, which was never a free-kick, the defence reacting slower again. We can't blame the ref every week, we simply have to be better. Willis should have buried a one-on-one too. Gold, Wilis, Dalziel, Hoskins were all guilty of having a really impressive first half before taking their foot off the gas.

Apparently Porteous was on Borders pre-game saying there was a board meeting yesterday morning and it was agreed they'd make extra money available for a centre half and striker. He also made it pretty clear post game he wants CC to get a striker. Hopefully he moves quick, because after Lavery went off we had no one who had a clue where the goal was.

The money being available is good news. This isn't by any means a bad team - it's still our best since promotion. We were without Currie, Gray & Lavery yesterday and should have got all three points, that's pretty decent. It desperately needs that added quality to take it from a play-off challenging side to a title challenging side, though.

BTU Number 6 is Kevin Nicholl, probably looked 'absolute tear gas' because he was playing out of position!

Sure ALL my fellow Lichties would agree that he has been an absolute stand out since we got him in January and is anything but a clogger!

On the opening day of the 2006/07 campaign we huffed and puffed our way to a 1-1 draw with Albion Rovers who eventually finished sixth. Culprits should be sectioned for talking about season defining moments after one game.

I am reliably informed that a new striker will be in place for next week.

Fair point. I imagine most is frustration born from the exact same mistakes occurring time and again, though. It was predictable what was coming yesterday. At least we're going out our way to rectify it now by making money available for more signings. Credit where it's due.

Nicol did well at centre half. BTU is just bitter

:lol:

If you think he was decent, that's fantastic for me as we'll hump most teams week-in week-out if that's the level. He was absolutely turd, constantly hoofing it. He barely even looked a footballer.

Arbroath were worthy. winners yesterday on their second half performance , Berwick didn't take their chances in the first half so got what they deserved.

I thought Stewart coming on made a difference to the midfield , easily his best performance so far , Whately did a fine job at left back , Mcmanus was excellent up front and although Crawford gifted them the first goal he made up for it with a series of great saves.I have yet to see Mcbride have a good game and am puzzled as to why Moore continues with him , I know his free kick was a belter , but he offers nothing in my opinion , loses the ball too easily going forward and doesn't track back to help defensively. Hopefully Little's injury isn't serious I think he could be a big player for us this season .

Arbroath were worthy. winners yesterday on their second half performance , Berwick didn't take their chances in the first half so got what they deserved.

I thought Stewart coming on made a difference to the midfield , easily his best performance so far , Whately did a fine job at left back , Mcmanus was excellent up front and although Crawford gifted them the first goal he made up for it with a series of great saves.I have yet to see Mcbride have a good game and am puzzled as to why Moore continues with him , I know his free kick was a belter , but he offers nothing in my opinion , loses the ball too easily going forward and doesn't track back to help defensively. Hopefully Little's injury isn't serious I think he could be a big player for us this season .

Little just jerked his knee he says it's totally fine. I like McBride.

Deja vu all over again. It's just the same old same old that we've had for last four or five years now. Decent football at times, midfield non-existent at times, shocking final balls into the box, no pace, not enough men forward, fail to kill off teams when we are on top. It's really getting tedious - flirt with the play offs and finish fifth, hoping for better the following season.

We're too easily bullied off the ball and put on the back foot. Arbroath came out in second half a different team, more direct and better long balls and we didn't have a clue how to deal with it. We should have been ready for it - there was no way they could have been as bad in the second as they were in the first but any physicality and we shrink into ourselves. There was no one on bench who was going to come on and turn the game once we fell behind. Only positives were Willis looked ok in first half, Notman did what Notman does and Bauld made two good saves albeit the rebound from one led to the first goal.

Lose next week and the game the following week against Shire takes on season defining characteristics.

^^^^WHS

Fair point. I imagine most is frustration born from the exact same mistakes occurring time and again, though. It was predictable what was coming yesterday. At least we're going out our way to rectify it now by making money available for more signings. Credit where it's due.

haha.......yeh right.........i would have thot the best time to have a board meeting & make money available to sign KEY players, would be the pre season when the best are available ! not the start of the season when all the best players have BEEN signed up!!

yeh credit where credits due.......f*****g bollox :thumbsdown

Archived