Buying your way out of a bribery charge

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28656050

Am I the only person who thinks this is just bribing the court?

Ecclestone gives cash to a banker to get his own way then he gives money to a court to get away with it.

What's the difference?

This does seem all kinds of wrong, if you're rich enough you get away with things. Not really the message a modern democracy should be pushing. Interesting loophole, it would be interesting to know how this came about, I can speculate though.

It sounds like something from the daily mash -

"Man charged with bribery bribes court to walk free"

It's disgraceful and I would not have expected the Germans to have shite like this in their legal system.

I assume Uli Hoeness just didn't have enough money to pay them off.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28656050

Am I the only person who thinks this is just bribing the court?

Ecclestone gives cash to a banker to get his own way then he gives money to a court to get away with it.

What's the difference?

It would be nice if the legal system would just come out and tell us what the threshold is. You know, "If your net worth is greater than X, you can do whatever the hell you want because we won't even pretend the law applies to you."

Next time I'm up in court, I'm going to offer to 'donate' 30p and see if they'll let me walk.

It would be nice if the legal system would just come out and tell us what the threshold is. You know, "If your net worth is greater than X, you can do whatever the hell you want because we won't even pretend the law applies to you."

Next time I'm up in court, I'm going to offer to 'donate' 30p and see if they'll let me walk.

They should tell us the tiers of the system

Over a billion-whatever you want

500 million + still whatever you want but keep the really bad stuff out of public view.

100 million + no murdering

10 million + non-violent crimes are ok

1 million + driving offences arnt punished.

100k + we'll turn a blind eye to the odd bit of littering.

0 scum , your committing a crime just for existing.

Archived