Stenhousemuir v Airdrie

There really are some roasters that post here.

It was good to see a much improved performance yesterday, if not an improved result. Glad that Chris O'Neil got a chance at RB ahead of Bain who just isn't a defender. As stated above I think young Chris was MOTM and should stay our first choice RB this season.

Though our centre halves looked much more assured and playing five in midfield worked well against a Stenny team who didn't really threaten. I do still think we need to bring in a central midfielder (possibly a loan), as both Hammill and Stewart haven't shown enough in the last couple of games to suggest they'll get any better throughout this season.

Whoever above claiming Lister needs to be dropped has obviously been watching different games to myself as he's consistently been our best attacking threat and really one of the only players that looks like creating anything. The amount of times the ball rolled across the box yesterday with nobody on the end of it was ridiculous, I think Bollan should have went two up top a lot earlier than he did.

Overall, a better performance yesterday which gives me a little more optimism for the upcoming season. I reckon we'll finish 5th/6th this season.

I agree with a lot of that, however the reason we got into so many good positions yesterday was by having 5 in midfield and therefore being able to control the game more, I'm not convinced putting another striker on would have made much positive difference - we played 4-4-2 last week and created 1 chance in the entire match. We looked in complete control of the game playing the way we were and were consistently getting into good areas, so to change with 10 or 15 to go at 0-0 would have been a risk for not much reward going by last week. It's always a bit simplistic to think that 4-4-2 is more attacking than 4-5-1, it depends how you play them.

I criticised Bollan last week but I thought yesterday he got it spot on, restricted Stenny to one chance in the match and created numerous opportunities ourselves, I don't think you can ask much more, it just wasn't our day. I agree about getting another midfielder in though and I think the defence will only get stronger.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with a lot of that, however the reason we got into so many good positions yesterday was by having 5 in midfield and therefore being able to control the game more, I'm not convinced putting another striker on would have made much positive difference - we played 4-4-2 last week and created 1 chance in the entire match. We looked in complete control of the game playing the way we were and were consistently getting into good areas, so to change with 10 or 15 to go at 0-0 would have been a risk for not much reward going by last week. It's always a bit simplistic to think that 4-4-2 is more attacking than 4-5-1, it depends how you play them.

I criticised Bollan last week but I thought yesterday he got it spot on, restricted Stenny to one chance in the match and created numerous opportunities ourselves, I don't think you can ask much more, it just wasn't our day. I agree about getting another midfielder in though and I think the defence will only get stronger.

I agree with pretty much all of that right there - Bollan got everything absolutely spot on in terms of tactics yesterday.

Anyone who was at both games to compare & contrast the two should be able to admit that with only 4 in the middle of the park we failed to stamp our authority on the match. For that reason alone, I'd have been surprised if we'd gone with two up for the last ten/fifteen mins

I thought we were the better side by a country mile, we restricted Stenny to very few half chances in the first half and were completely dominant in the second. It was simply one of those days - seems like an old cliche but it happens in football sometimes.

On that showing we'll be okay though. As others have said O'Neill and Watt were real standouts and I thought the defence were reasonably solid. I do think they'll settle more given some time - the difference this week was that they had support from the midfield.

I still think we're a player or two short of being good enough to challenge for the playoffs but the money is there and I trust in Bollan to find the right players.

Just watched the highlights of the match and I can't believe Airdrieonians didn't score about four or five goals. Horrible way to lose the match.

Scott Booth's approach is going to take its time to implement but surely drilling the team as a defensive unit is going to be a priority. A better side will have us on the rack.

Just watched the highlights of the match and I can't believe Airdrieonians didn't score about four or five goals. Horrible way to lose the match.

Scott Booth's approach is going to take its time to implement but surely drilling the team as a defensive unit is going to be a priority. A better side will have us on the rack.

Glad to hear it's not just us that see it that way.

Take it 'Warriors TV' isn't compatible with iPhone?

Glad to hear it's not just us that see it that way.

Take it 'Warriors TV' isn't compatible with iPhone?

Nah man, you'll have to watch on a desktop/laptop. Doesn't seem to ever work on phones or tablets, not sure if it's something to do with the formatting.

Archived