Stenhousemuir v Airdrie

Firstly, big plea to any Stenhousemuir supporters going to the game on Saturday. If you guys have any unwanted football strips - any size, team, etc...shirts, or shorts, or socks - please bring them on Saturday and support the Airdrie Supporters' Trusts' KitAid campaign. We are trying to raise 10000 strips to send to Africa in conjunction with the charity, and will be able to be found in the Ochilview Bar from 1pm, where we will be having a function for the Airdrie Aces,

As for the football...1st game of the season for me and sadly not expecting much from the team. Ever hopeful of a sneaky 1-0 victory though.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our only chance of losing this game is if the players go in with the wrong attitude and think they can just turn up and win because Airdrie were so bad last week.

Failing that it should be a comfortable enough win unless Airdrie sign some decent players before Saturday.

Our only chance of losing this game is if the players go in with the wrong attitude and think they can just turn up and win because Airdrie were so bad last week.

Failing that it should be a comfortable enough win unless Airdrie sign some decent players before Saturday.

I think Airdrie need a few games to gel. I wasn't impressed with the pre season games (needed more against better opposition) and we really struggled on Saturday.

Having said that I doubt the players could play as badly as that again and you appear to have mistaken Stenhousemuir for Real Madrid.

I think Airdrie need a few games to gel. I wasn't impressed with the pre season games (needed more against better opposition) and we really struggled on Saturday.

Having said that I doubt the players could play as badly as that again and you appear to have mistaken Stenhousemuir for Real Madrid.

No mate, I don't think anyone's mistaken Stenny for Real Madrid. We're all aware of our team's deficiencies but there was never one point where Airdrie gave us anything to genuinely worry about last weekend, the goal aside. If you press Stenny and "get in their faces" then they could wilt but Airdrie didn't do that. Their midfield on Saturday was rubbish and easy to play around.

I think Stenhousemuir will win on Saturday but it'll be a slender win. As Neilly says, they can't expect Airdrie to be as bad as they were in the League Cup.

Stenny impressed me in the cup game. I thought they played some good quick passing football on the ground and put some good crosses into the box. While I'd expect us to improve greatly from last week I think Stenny will run out winners here.

We don't have enough quality in that imbalanced squad at the minute and I feel it'll be another season finishing between 5th-8th place with crowds continuing to fall.

Parking the bus won't work for us as our defence is in all honesty p1ss poor. I'd hope to see us line up more attacking with Lister and Parker upfront with Boyle in behind them. With our defence I'd expect Stenny to score at least once but we don't have a prolific goal scorer in the side to balance us out.

2-0 home win.

No mate, I don't think anyone's mistaken Stenny for Real Madrid. We're all aware of our team's deficiencies but there was never one point where Airdrie gave us anything to genuinely worry about last weekend, the goal aside. If you press Stenny and "get in their faces" then they could wilt but Airdrie didn't do that. Their midfield on Saturday was rubbish and easy to play around.

I think Stenhousemuir will win on Saturday but it'll be a slender win. As Neilly says, they can't expect Airdrie to be as bad as they were in the League Cup.

See, this I can agree with. Someone citing the "only chance we could lose this..." not so much. You lost to a highland league team the week before after all.

Theres a few players who could come in and possibly make a bit of a difference. Grays set 3 goals up in one and a bit games (why he was dropped I don't know), Kirwin might get his chance and John Boyle (and Liam Coogans?) is there too. That combined with a rocket from Bollan means we surely can't be as bad again.

Stenhousemuir were obviously much better (much much better!) but were gifted 2 goals from calamity defending. Hopefully with games the defence will settle.

If we go with the same line-up we certainly can play as badly as last week again, the players didn't drastically under perform last week, that's just the standard of those players. As soon as I saw the midfield he put out I said we'd lose easily, it was no surprise. Stewart, Parker and one of Watt/Blockley need dropped. Gray and Kirwan/Boyle are easy enough swaps for Stewart and Parker, admittedly I don't who we have who could replace one of Watt or Blockley, I suppose they'll just have to play until we can afford someone who can pass a ball 10 yards.

I just can't see where we will create anything, we've lost our threat from set pieces and don't have much else other than Gray down right.

Pre-season optimism indeed!

I have a horrible, horrible feeling that a combination of a bollocking from Bollan and a desire to get revenge means Airdrie will press high, win the midfield battle and sail into a 2-0 lead by the 70th minute and that a late flurry of pressure from us will only bring a single goal.

When after the match, Airdrie fans are gloating at the pre match confidence from Warrior's Fans, I hope that I can perhaps be excluded from the ridicule. Thank you.

If we go with the same line-up we certainly can play as badly as last week again, the players didn't drastically under perform last week, that's just the standard of those players. As soon as I saw the midfield he put out I said we'd lose easily, it was no surprise. Stewart, Parker and one of Watt/Blockley need dropped. Gray and Kirwan/Boyle are easy enough swaps for Stewart and Parker, admittedly I don't who we have who could replace one of Watt or Blockley, I suppose they'll just have to play until we can afford someone who can pass a ball 10 yards.

I just can't see where we will create anything, we've lost our threat from set pieces and don't have much else other than Gray down right.

Pre-season optimism indeed!

Interesting point, as well as being a pretty accomplished defender, Gregor Buchanan's also good for about six or seven goals a season. Great asset to have at both ends of the park.

Archived