Stranraer v Forfar Athletic

Second year in a row we will have started against the team we finished our previous league season against. Given we have played teams from Championship and League Two in the cups this will be our first chance to judge ourselves against opposition from our in division.

A number of changes for us, notably the loss of Docherty, Grehan and Stirling. But in have come Malcolm, Russell, Longridge, McCloskey, Pettigrew and Marenghi.

Hope thus fixture reverts to its norm of the home team winning and we carry on from where we left off against the Loons.

Enjoyed last year's encounters against Stranrear, fairly evenly matched other than the 4.0 game.

We look great going forward at the moment, so many attacking options. Defensively we need to sharpen up and the worry seems to be losing goals. A nice solid point away from home would be good to start with.

Don't know the meaning of hope! Was speaking to a work colleague and I reckoned to him we'd lose our first 4 games but still do quite well this season.

All the best teams have a slow start ;) once our new players have a few games together we will see the benefits . Husband and young will be a cracking midfield pairing

It's a very tough start and I always thought the two cup ties and two opening league fixtures would be difficult happy with even a point from Stranraer Dunfermline fixtures and then I think we'll bed in and be pretty decent.

There's a bookies in Stranraer , right ?

Coral, Ladbrokes and William Hill all in the town centre.

Value in Stranraer at 5/4. Not that I'll be touching it.

Tough test to start the season. Don't think we'll see the free flowing stuff of last season but, do think we'll be quite hard to beat. Defence has looked pretty sturdy.

Malcolm back up front, will be good with Longworth once they start to click.

Longridge looks like 1st choice left wing back

Marenghi been used as a sub, looked ok when he came on.

Archived