Peterhead v Stirling Albion

Its 5 days to go before the start of the new season and the Albion face the long trek up to Peterhead to open the season.

In my opinion this season will be all about surviving In the 1st Division as apart from Albion supporters everyone else has us as favourites to go down back to the 2nd Division.

Can the Albion survive I hope that we can and I would settle for any position from 8th place on up.

Tough start at Peterhead who will be looking to open their season with a win at home but who knows could it be a repeat for the Albion on the win we achieved at the tail end of last season? hopefully we can go their and get a draw, that I will be happy with.

Hopefully our defence will improve because we need to keep it tight at the back to stand any chance of staying up.

We also need to make sure for he coming season we need to get as many points at home, make it Fortress Forthbank and improve on our away record from last season. Given the signings that have been made over the summer I am encouraged on the way the club is heading and we can stay up fingers crossed for the coming season. :)

This will be a big test for us and I'll be happy if we come away with a point.

Thankfully this season it won't be Bishop marking McAlister, so maybe just maybe we'll keep him quiet....

The team id start is:

Paterson

Hamilton- Wedderburn- Smith- Creaney

Johnston- Comrie- Smith (if fit)- DL Smith

Doris- Smith

Thankfully this season it won't be Bishop marking McAlister, so maybe just maybe we'll keep him quiet....

Agree with your comments regarding McAllister, he is Peterhead`s danger man stop him and were in with a chance.

The team id start is:

Paterson

Doris- Smith

The team you selected is good I would have no complaints if Greg McDonald starts with this line up. If we can keep it tight at the back, then maybe an away win is possible.

i have been very impressed by steven doris, credit to the board for backing the management team to get hjm to sign for us. think it could be the signing coup of the season.heard from a very reliable source he turned down numerous clubs to sign for us including peterhead.with regard to the alloa game last saturday,our young midfield at times gave the ball away far to cheaply heres hoping the more expierianced guys are not to far away from being fit

The team id start is:

Paterson

Doris- Smith

Looks like Peterhead 2 Stirling 3

Purely based on the number of Smiths on each side.

Agree that as the new boys it will be a case of trying to consolidate in this league for both teams. From a blue toon point of view hoping that Rory can stay fit and suspension free and get enough goals at this level to keep us clear of the bottom. Certainly going to be harder than last season.

You're obviously easily impressed then, he's doing nothing in the two games I've seen to suggest he's on a par with Jordan White.

early days.

Anyway, it's his birthday today. I can see the headlines now.

Just back from the Peterhead game though the Albion were unlucky not to get the win but as I said before Rory McAllister is their danger man and he managed to score with 5 mins to go. Still can`t complain as I was happy to get the draw before the game started, Ayr United at home next week hopefully we get off to a good start at home and get the 3 points, would make a good start to season in Division 1 for us.

unlucky not to win today very positive start to the season. on the downside,have got told that steven doris has broke his collar bone.

Thankfully we've got depth, Sandy could replace him till he's back fit

Archived