Raith Rovers v Dumbarton

Whilst Rovers had a horrendous time of it after Christmas last season, Murray has made some decent signings over the summer. Certainly wont be judging our chances based on their first two cup results and certainly don't think they'll be bagging their manager should we manage to get the win. What would be the point in that after letting him sign numerous players over the summer?

I'm confident if we play to our strengths and ditch this new possession based style we seem to have adopted. Got to start with an upfront combo of Nish/Campbell or Fleming/Campbell.

Disappointed we'll be stuck behind the goal. Perfectly good stand and all the rest of it but far prefer a side on view.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst Rovers had a horrendous time of it after Christmas last season, Murray has made some decent signings over the summer. Certainly wont be judging our chances based on their first two cup results and certainly don't think they'll be bagging their manager should we manage to get the win. What would be the point in that after letting him sign numerous players over the summer?

I'm confident if we play to our strengths and ditch this new possession based style we seem to have adopted. Got to start with an upfront combo of Nish/Campbell or Fleming/Campbell.

Disappointed we'll be stuck behind the goal. Perfectly good stand and all the rest of it but far prefer a side on view.

Behind the goal? That makes little sense!

Behind the goal? That makes little sense!

All away fans are normally housed there but with the opening of the Railway I was hoping we'd be in there. Not a huge issue to be honest just personally prefer the view you get from the side rather than behind the goal. It also seems to make more sense to put us there considering it's smaller but there may be reason for it.

No chance Murray will be sacked this soon. He'll have until at least December unless we're completely hopeless e.g. four points from the first quarter. Morton bad, if you will. And based on what we've seen so far it wouldn't be all that surprising.

Completely understand why Dumbarton fans are sceptical about our attitude but last night had to be seen to be believed. A large chunk of our new signings look significantly worse than what we had before. You know, the THREE WINS IN TWENTY lot.

Having said that, football often has a funny way about it with these things and surely there'll be some sort of reaction to last night. Anderson and Elliot will be back, Elliot will certainly come straight back in for Vaughan but Murray seems to have a hard-on over Stewart for some reason so I can see him starting ahead of Anderson. Hopefully Moon makes it but I wouldn't imagine he will if he couldn't make the bench last night.

Game one of the season ticket. What a fucking stupid investment that's looking like,

3 wins in 20 really? Never thought it was that bad.

But beating the rangers that's priceless :thumsup2 Is mark stewart that bad now? Heard he was a bit overweight which surprised me he always had pace

Unsure if other Raith lads will agree, but certainly with the lot i go to the games with, we all agree Mark Stewart has probably been one of our better performers in the 2 cup games so far ... Definitely has the pace and for a striker, hes doing a not bad job on the wingg !

On another note though, I have never seen a Raith side as bad as last night. Im never one for putting our team down and always try be positive even with others wanting Murrays head on a chopping board last season, but i really do not feel confident about this season and im starting to not see any light at the end of our tunnel ....I wont be shocked if Dumbarton walk away with a heavy win this weekend !

Was going to say that. More of a winger than out and out striker.

That's odd there thought the signings were decent enough. Good keeper and nade to play it down to another striker eg elliot. Signings might take some time to gel in though. I haven't rated murrays that much against falkirk. Raith wont go down though. Better than alloa and cowdenbeath I'd say, it felt like the signings were a little rushed and too early. Maybe just signed them for this season and dump them

If losing this game helps push Murray out the door then I think I would settle for a nice 3-0 for Dumbarton.

Our Board are not really knee-jerk types. The time for sacking would have been the end of last season. Since then we've sold over 1000 season tickets and we have Hearts, Hibs and Rangers visiting and hopefully bringing good sized away supports, so there is no need for the Board to take any drastic action unless we have an Anelka start to the season (W0 D1 L9).

Last night was only the diddy cup. I realise we were the trophy holders and should have put up a better defence of it, but I'm usually quite pleased if we get horsed out in the first round.

Hopefully we can put in a performance on Saturday.

I really really hope last night was the cliche kick up the arse we're needing but I have my doubts. The performance last night was reminiscent, if not worse, than some of the performances towards the end of last season and we already know Murray's inability to turn things around. The league campaign isn't even underway yet and so far we're treading dangerously close to looking Morton'esque. Another major worry is the board seem to be right behind Murray, they'll be looking at this season being another one where survival is the main thing and progression isn't really factored in. There is a severe lack of ambition at the club and dare I say it some serious 'behind the scenes' issues that the players aren't performing to the level they are capable. We're again a team, on paper, that looks capable of competing but with a management team devoid of any managerial qualities.

We'll end up doing something mental like winning on Saturday...

Unsure if other Raith lads will agree, but certainly with the lot i go to the games with, we all agree Mark Stewart has probably been one of our better performers in the 2 cup games so far ... Definitely has the pace and for a striker, hes doing a not bad job on the wingg !

On another note though, I have never seen a Raith side as bad as last night. Im never one for putting our team down and always try be positive even with others wanting Murrays head on a chopping board last season, but i really do not feel confident about this season and im starting to not see any light at the end of our tunnel ....I wont be shocked if Dumbarton walk away with a heavy win this weekend !

These views totally relflect mine about Raith. I have never felt so apprehensive about a season such as is coming up.

Murray may have signed decent players....true, my concern is he does not have the skills to get the best out of them.

After all this chat, you just know it's going to be a Raith win.

Yip. My only thought is that if we get an early goal, it sounds like the Raith fans won't be holding back in letting the team know they aren't happy, which could work in our favour.

The more realistic option is that the Raith boys come out with a rocket up their arse and give us a tanking.

Yip. My only thought is that if we get an early goal, it sounds like the Raith fans won't be holding back in letting the team know they aren't happy, which could work in our favour.

The more realistic option is that the Raith boys come out with a rocket up their arse and give us a tanking.

One thing going in our favour is we'll have Calum Elliot and Grant Anderson available (both were suspended last night) and hopefully Kevin Moon is available as well. Elliot has looked quite lively and Anderson at least gives us some width - we lacked any form of it last night. If you play possession football and come at us the fans won't be slow in getting on the players backs. I think 20 minutes into the game last night you could hear the usual moans and groans at the fact we didn't have the ball even though it was only getting knocked about in midfield with no real threat. It's the Rovers fans way unfortunately.

One thing going in our favour is we'll have Calum Elliot and Grant Anderson available (both were suspended last night) and hopefully Kevin Moon is available as well. Elliot has looked quite lively and Anderson at least gives us some width - we lacked any form of it last night. If you play possession football and come at us the fans won't be slow in getting on the players backs. I think 20 minutes into the game last night you could hear the usual moans and groans at the fact we didn't have the ball even though it was only getting knocked about in midfield with no real threat. It's the Rovers fans way unfortunately.

On the evidence so far, we will play possession football but I don't know how much we'll "come at you".

Great opportunity for our fans to show just how good they can be on Saturday.

Just kidding, they'll be booing like f**k at the first misplaced pass.

What the f**k will they do if we actually win?

Archived