The Great British Bake Off

The Naitch

That didn’t seem to affect Rahul’s chances, a couple of years back. Not the best baker but cried all the time, so he won. Bake-off has been on a steady decline since then.  

Couldn’t stand him. Clearly new he was the best of the bunch but played the no confidence card.

22 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:
1 hour ago, RH33 said:
If everyone hadn’t steamed enough, then it’s simply production error of not giving enough time.

I said that as well, comments about them needing another hour and not a single one was good

I’m not enjoying this series as much, but it’s harmless and passes a hour. 

If everyone hadn’t steamed enough, then it’s simply production error of not giving enough time.
It was a moronic dish to choose, and brings in luck much more than judgment. It's like they go out their way to confuse them for a bit of a laugh.

Choose more reasonable challenges, and judge them accordingly.

3 hours ago, pandarilla said:

It was a moronic dish to choose, and brings in luck much more than judgment. It's like they go out their way to confuse them for a bit of a laugh.

Choose more reasonable challenges, and judge them accordingly.

Every year they ask them to temper chocolate or make ice cream desserts in a roasting hot tent and it is always a disaster.

9 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Every year they ask them to temper chocolate or make ice cream desserts in a roasting hot tent and it is always a disaster.

That’s another bug bare of mine. It’s been running long enough that they should know tent needs air conditioning. Setting them up To fail.

20 hours ago, RH33 said:

Yup.  This sometimes happens though.  There's an episode of the first series on Channel 4 where none of them were able to make the caramel waffle correctly, and that was when there was about ten contestants still in.

1 minute ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Bake Off has always got rid of the baker who had the worst week, it's only a cumulative when it's a really close decision. Hermine was dreadful this week and simply had to go.

She finished second in the technical, and think they were all poor as each other for the first task. 

Think she could have won it if she got to the final. 

Not really a fan of any of those three in it now. 

4 minutes ago, UAE1929 said:

She finished second in the technical, and think they were all poor as each other for the first task. 

Think she could have won it if she got to the final. 

Not really a fan of any of those three in it now. 

They specifically said Laura made a good rum baba, while Hermine's were under proved because she had to remake them.

Laura's was an absolute mess in the final but tasted very good. Hermine made a gelatinous, pretty much inedible, squint cube that was also a mess.

I'm not saying Hermine wasnt the best baker across the series but that's irrelevant when she had such a bad week.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Hermine had one bad week, whereas Laura should have been gone weeks ago. How can someone be so consistently shite?

My main man Peter back where he belongs, at the top of the tree. Just hope David doesn’t sneak it from here, as he’s been consistently decent, but not up there with the best.

I fully expect Laura to serve up utter slop next week, only for Paul to claim it’s the best tasting slop he’s ever eaten. I see she’s had to remove replies to her twitter account, due to abuse she’s been receiving.

Also, the temperature situation is a complete shambles. They film in a tent in the middle of summer, with disasters every year now due to the heat. How the f**k can they not sort out some air-con.

Also, I will repeat - Matt Lucas is without a doubt the worst thing to happen to bake off, since Ruby got voted out.

20 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Also, I will repeat - Matt Lucas is without a doubt the worst thing to happen to bake off, since Ruby got voted out.

I disagree with that.  While I don't really like his interactions with Noel I do enjoy it when it's just Matt chatting to the bakers.  He's been fine.