The Great British Bake Off

The Naitch

4 hours ago, GallowayBlue said:

I was actually thinking that Matt Lucas was a decent replacement for Sandi when I watched the last episode.

After looking at this thread I realise I might be in the minority...

I'm enjoying his style as well. He's putting his own spin on it just as Sandi did when Mel and Sue left.

I quite like Matt Lucas too, but I don't think he and Noel provide much balance. They both fill the same kind of weird, comic role.

Mel & Sue were ideal as they were both capable of being a bit daft, but also very good at sympathising and encouraging bakers when things went badly.

15 hours ago, The Naitch said:

I'm enjoying his style as well. He's putting his own spin on it just as Sandi did when Mel and Sue left.

I don’t dislike him at all.  I just think his grin at the start of the show makes him look like one of his characters, but that’s his legitimate smiley face.

On 16/10/2020 at 21:15, Jaggy Snake said:

I quite like Matt Lucas too, but I don't think he and Noel provide much balance. They both fill the same kind of weird, comic role.

Mel & Sue were ideal as they were both capable of being a bit daft, but also very good at sympathising and encouraging bakers when things went badly.

I had come here to post something similar, they aren’t making much of a duo on the show and it’s almost as if they get to a point where it’s just decided they’re going to do or say something weird just for the sake of it.

Noel is quite often distracting the bakers as well which I find pretty annoying, he was rubbing David’s biceps whilst he was doing some piping yesterday which wold have been very off putting. I’ve always said Gary Neville would be a good presenter on there and it’s filmed during the summer so he’ll not be on football duties.

Peter to win imo. 

Just caught up with last weeks episode, Laura star baker and Linda punted was the right call.  Matt Lucas is brutal and actually makes Noel Fielding look quite funny. 

Lottie has a 'ride the life out of you, then stab you when you're sleeping' look about her,  I like it.

I'm still backing Peter for the win.

Will get up to date and watch this weeks later today if I get the chance.

Even though Laura had a bad week she was still 3rd from the bottom at the end considering Hermine went against the specification for the show stopper. She was very lucky not to be immediately disqualified for that.

i think all of them potentially have an ace up their sleeve and can win the show but think Laura and Lottie will be off in the next two weeks as they are a bit too hit or miss to make the final.

15 minutes ago, spud131 said:

Just seen this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54795842 .

Seemed like a decent bloke when he was on it a few years ago.

Yeah, real shame that. He came across really well on the show.

It's 80s week tonight. Some of the bakers weren't even around back then.