The Great British Bake Off

The Naitch

Rahul dodged a bullet this week but thank f**k they’ve finally seen through Manon.

Between keeping the baking paper on her bakes on more than one occasion in previous weeks and not bothering to fill her Danish pastries she deserved to go.

Manon giving it coy innocent looks

f**k off cheat. But Rahul dodged huge bullet, wonder if previous weeks influenced a close call.

Kim Joy attention detail is amazing. She’s grown on me.

I don't mind Rahul staying. On the episode alone obviously he deserved to go but he has been by far the best baker overall.

If he messes up next week or the final and loses that's fair enough. However, if he'd gone today and someone else had won the series, it just wouldn't have felt like they'd found this year's best baker.

Manon made French bread and French pastry so didn't really attempt the tasks they were given.

I thought Briony deserved star baker again. She messed up her open sandwich but won the other two tasks, being the only one capable of making decent Danish pastries. Ruby cheated the technical by cutting the pastries open to put the apple in.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Rahul should have gone, simple as that. He fucked up all 3 tasks, so based on that he had to go.

I think Manon was getting a bit too arrogant and has fucked up a couple of times previously.

As much as I can’t stand Kim-Joy, her presentation is outstanding.

Ruby to win.

What even further annoyed me was at the end Hollywood deliberately headed straight for Rahul and said something along the lines of “you need to lift your game next week”. Not once has he said that to anyone else. Rahul is clearly his favourite which is the reason he survived

4 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Rahul should have gone, simple as that. He fucked up all 3 tasks, so based on that he had to go.

I think Manon was getting a bit too arrogant and has fucked up a couple of times previously.

As much as I can’t stand Kim-Joy, her presentation is outstanding.

Ruby to win.

Agree with all of this even Rahul thought he should have went.

4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

What even further annoyed me was at the end Hollywood deliberately headed straight for Rahul and said something along the lines of “you need to lift your game next week”. Not once has he said that to anyone else. Rahul is clearly his favourite which is the reason he survived

That isn't quite true. He said something similar to, I think, Ruby a few weeks ago.

The judges can get rid of who they want to, Mannon wasn’t good at all this week and has been stinking for weeks. Rahul is the best baker who has just had an awful day or two and they decided to keep him in on grounds that he is a better baker than Mannon which is fair based on what we have seen so far. No idea what on Earth happened to Rahul, he seemed like he had given up before he even attempted the first challenge.

Fancy Kim Joy to win it now.

Rahul had another shocker but Briony was worse. She picked a bad week for it.

Can’t pick between Kim-Joy and Ruby to win next week.
If its down to baking, I can't pick either.
If it's for the pure "wid" factor though....
Kim-Joy annoys me with the faux tears and self deprecation
"Oh I can't do chioux, oh in just going to have to battle on"
Woe is me, f**k off ya roaster [emoji34][emoji34]
Why didn’t they treat Briony like they treated Rahul last week?

Anyone but Rahul next week
Exactly.
Sandi seemed genuinely upset about telling her though. Had a wee tête-à-tête with the Mrs last night about Briony, she couldn't seem to accept that the lassie was at a slight disadvantage because she had only 1 fully functioning hand. I told her stuff like piping and even just mixing was a lot harder, meaning anything really well she done was even more amazing considering her disability.
Her witty and well thought out reply....
"Well she shouldn't have went on then"
Honestly felt like absolutely wiping her out.

I liked Briony but the right person went. Kim-Joy has to be favourite now but if Rahul can find his form again he can win.

I thought the judging of the technical seemed odd, though it’s difficult to say as clearly some of what Paul & Prue say about each bake gets cut out. Kim-Joy coming second despite barely attempting a mousse didn’t seem right. She smeared a little on right at the end but it basically disappeared into the coating. If she’d put enough mousse on so the judges could actually taste it, they clearly would have said it wasn’t right.

The final order seemed only to be based on who did the best mirror coating, which was only one aspect of the cake.

Edited by Jaggy Snake