The Great British Bake Off

The Naitch

Everyone's favourite baking spectacular is back.

It starts this Wednesday and has been upgraded to BBC One for this series. We'll see how that goes.

There's also going to be a spin off show on BBC Two with Jo Brand where they'll interview that week's eliminated baker and have some chit chat with random Z-listers.

Here's this year's group of hopefuls... http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/4fB8YW68M3BX4LVd9XkRGxv/bakers

Edited by The Naitch

Don't like the sound of the discussion show and I do wish they'd replace the bespectacled dark-haired presenter. A never-ending stream of dreadful patter. I've always thought about applying for the show but if I got in it would be abysmal being surrounded by the likes of Brendan from a while back. I'm rooting for Enwezor already. What an outstanding name.

This will be the year its ratings will crash, the media willl mutter about "one series too many" & its doom sealed.

Last series they peed off a big part of their core audience via blubbering toothpick Ruby who looked like she needed a sandwich more than needed to cook onto the show, all because some Tristran on the BBC exec thought it would boost the ratings if they had some w**k material on to ensure the journos would give it disproportional coverage. Once you've crossed that dumb down rubicon where the talent the show is meant to all about is no longer the be all and end all, there's no way back.

Commendable that they've gone back to their roots this series & bugger the eye candy factor (although that twat Jordan deserves punched for his "I think outside the oven" horseshit), but all they will succeed in doing is alienating those viewers gained last year, fail to regain the ones lost, & with the stakes higher thanks to it being on a BBC 1 slot, this seems more a recipe for disaster.

Don't like the sound of the discussion show and I do wish they'd replace the bespectacled dark-haired presenter. A never-ending stream of dreadful patter. I've always thought about applying for the show but if I got in it would be abysmal being surrounded by the likes of Brendan from a while back. I'm rooting for Enwezor already. What an outstanding name.

I'll not hear a bad word said about Brendan. A quiet wee soul if ever there was one.

I think Jordan may grate on the nerves before too long.

He reminds me of Spencer from Phoenix Nights. A lot.

Liked that first episode. Most of them look like they could be very good indeed. The right person left, she didn't have a scooby.

Edited by The Naitch

More good bakers this year I think. We have a sweepstake in work and I have Enwezor who looked half way decent.

As mentioned above Jordan is going for the ultimate dickehad combo with smashed up teeth, glasses that need cleaned and pushed up and a ponytail, he also looks manky.

Love the #GBBO

More good bakers this year I think. We have a sweepstake in work and I have Enwezor who looked half way decent.

As mentioned above Jordan is going for the ultimate dickehad combo with smashed up teeth, glasses that need cleaned and pushed up and a ponytail, he also looks manky.

Love the #GBBO

I miss Ruby

:(

Oh I don't miss Ruby one little bit. It's Howard I pine for. Rarely, if ever, has there been someone on television who I've yearned to befriend so badly.

I've met Howard a few times since his appearance on the show and he's a top bloke. At first I think he found all the attention weird and was really shy to talk to. Very nice guy to speak to and he's still baking away in his apartment.