The Great British Bake Off

The Naitch

Has there ever been an ejection when anyone has missed an episode through illness? The most predictable outcome ever.

Carole has to be a cert to be one of the two departures next week. Not much quality this year other than the chubby Pole and the chubby Malaysian whose first real challenge will be to deliver something non-Malaysian in Mexican week.

On 28/09/2022 at 23:35, Savage Henry said:

There’s no real standout this year in the way that Giuseppe and and Juergen were so much stronger last year.  

I've just caught up and this is exactly what I was saying, Giuseppe and Jurgen were so much better than this years candidates.  

The fat Polish bloke (poundland Jurgen) is the best.  I hope Maxy stays in for a while, for obvious reasons. 

Rebs and her pouty mouth irritates me, along with her stupid name. 

30 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
15 hours ago, RH33 said:
Scottish guy with ginger stubble is a knob.

My Mrs pointed out that the other Scottish guy self-laughs almost everything he says and now I've had it pointed out it irritates me no end.

Both the Scottish guys are complete knobs, and not very good either. As has been said the quality is severely lacking this year 

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
23 hours ago, RH33 said:
Scottish guy with ginger stubble is a knob.

My Mrs pointed out that the other Scottish guy self-laughs almost everything he says and now I've had it pointed out it irritates me no end.

I noticed that too. Standard is dire this year. 

Rebs had to go and just for my own anger levels I’m delighted James went. I honestly can’t stand him. The consistent laugh at the end of every sentence really gripped my shit. 

Anyone else think Paul is coming across as a bit of a dick this season? Just seems more arrogant this year. It’s one of things I really don’t like about food critics in general. Just because you don’t like the taste doesn’t mean I won’t. 

Rebs was too much of a flapper who got too overwhelmed with what she was doing every week. 

Don’t think the standard is that bad this year although it was a bad week, Janusz, Sandro and Syabira are at the top then maxy and Dawn are hit or miss but could easily come good in the end and win it. It’s just a case of what order Kevin, Brian may and Abdul go in the next few weeks then it will get interesting.

Noel and Matt are less irritating this year, Matt actually looks fairly frail nowadays.

Every year there's always one or two who are pretty poor and leave you wondering how they made it through the selection process, let alone a couple of weeks. Guessing it's putting a time limit on them that causes them problems - either that or they spend all their time at home making obscure things and don't bother much with cakes and biscuits so are caught out early doors.