The Great British Bake Off

The Naitch

Right decisions tonight. George has been shit for weeks. I didn't think anyone was superb tonight but Jurgen was the best.

I don't know if it's just a clash of cultures but I don't particularly like Jurgen. Maybe the editing but he seems to lack a sense of humour.

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Right decisions tonight. George has been shit for weeks. I didn't think anyone was superb tonight but Jurgen was the best.

I don't know if it's just a clash of cultures but I don't particularly like Jurgen. Maybe the editing but he seems to lack a sense of humour.

What?  I think he comes across as the nicest man in the world, and I really hope it’s not him that gets the “I expected better from you” comment next week,

What?  I think he comes across as the nicest man in the world, and I really hope it’s not him that gets the “I expected better from you” comment next week,

He definitely appears to be a nice guy (though he was absolutely fizzing when he lost German week), just his lack of sense of humour annoys me sometimes.

Bit of a leveller last night. Didn't think anyone really excelled but right decision for George to go. Amanda and him hung in there with people having mares before them.

Think it's between Jurgen and Guiseppe still but could see either chiggsy or krystall emerging as a bit of a darkhorse in the final

Lizzie will surely be gone next week, then it's a case of seeing which of Chiggs and Crystelle joins Jurgen and Giuseppe in the final. A part of me likes to think utter gammons like Farage tune in every week for The GREAT BRITISH Bake Off only to be turned into a frothing mess that the best two are a German and an Italian.

Not really sure there was much point in a caramel week as the making the caramel part seemed to be the same each time - not like pastry week where they were tested with different types of pastry.

Thanks to Mrs. FP, I've been pressganged into watching the last two programmes so I'm a total newbie. I'm a bit bemused by last night's binning of George tbqh, especially after Prue told Scouse Lizzie that her technical showstopper cake-in-a-sugar-flowerpot was basically inedible.
Sure, George was never going to win but I thought his effort stuck to the brief much more than Lizzie did.......
........ But WTF do I know.?.....

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Thanks to Mrs. FP, I've been pressganged into watching the last two programmes so I'm a total newbie. I'm a bit bemused by last night's binning of George tbqh, especially after Prue told Scouse Lizzie that her technical showstopper cake-in-a-sugar-flowerpot was basically inedible.
Sure, George was never going to win but I thought his effort stuck to the brief much more than Lizzie did.......

He had a shocker in the previous 2 challenges which was his downfall 

He's been pretty consistently shit tbh. He couldn't have complained if he went last week.

I think TGBBO is similar to The Apprentice in that they kid on that they base their decision on who goes based on their performance that week but the reality is their previous weeks definitely help them. If Jurgen had an absolute howler yesterday there's no danger he would have went.

28 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

He's been pretty consistently shit tbh. He couldn't have complained if he went last week.

I think TGBBO is similar to The Apprentice in that they kid on that they base their decision on who goes based on their performance that week but the reality is their previous weeks definitely help them. If Jurgen had an absolute howler yesterday there's no danger he would have went.

Correct. The fat lassie made the final last year after a shocker in the semi and the year that wee p***k Rahul won he had a nuclear of a round I think in the quarter but survived because he had been superb to that point 

Jurgen and Giuseppe as pointed out at the very beginning are by considerable distance the two best, and I’d be happy if either of the two won it. Crystelle has her moments but she’s not consistent enough. 
Scouse girl goes next week, then Chiggs. 

I want Jurgen to win, but think Giuseppe will just edge it.  

As in previous years, the favourites can have shockers and still survive. Rahul should have gone several times, but was saved when he turned on the tears. (Yes I’m still raging the delightful Ruby didn’t win)

The Scouse accent is 100% ear assault, something akin to having a chainsaw revved up next to your ear.
As to it's 'sexiness', you must be some kind of deviant......... [emoji3][emoji207]

Absolutely. It's filth 8)

Meh, Lizzie has been pretty shit throughout. Like George last week, she was always going this week unless she absolutely nailed every single task.

Good to see Chigs get star baker. You'd imagine it'll be him joining the Europeans in the final but Crystelle can pull it out the bag at times as well. I think it'll come down to who performs the best between them next week.