The Great British Bake Off

The Naitch

Rowan had to go, he was terrible.

Marc deserved star baker.

Peter was shite this week after being the standout first 2 weeks.

I’m convinced Sura is a serial killer, the way she stares at people is frightening.

Lottie is a still delightful.

Also, I’m of the opinion that the general standard of the bakers is beginning to decline each year.

For me, it's strange to see Matt Lucas play himself and not a character. He seems a bit awkward, I suppose it is, but he doesn't have the same kind of rapport built up with everyone yet.

Noel definitely wants to bang Lottie. Fair play.

Rowan deserved to go. Not sure who my favourite is yet. Don't mind the Irish bloke.

15 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Rowan had to go, he was terrible.

Marc deserved star baker.

Peter was shite this week after being the standout first 2 weeks.

I’m convinced Sura is a serial killer, the way she stares at people is frightening.

Lottie is a still delightful.

Also, I’m of the opinion that the general standard of the bakers is beginning to decline each year.

Yup.  I like Sura though, she seems like a good sort.

Lottie lives with her aunt and uncle.  Perhaps there’s some kind of Foxy Knoxy thing going on.

Just catching up on last night's epsiode. Rowan finally gone and deservedly so.

Linda had a really good week after the hot mess she delivered in the first week but Marc deservedly won star baker. Good stuff from him.

No debate about Sura leaving this week.
I'll debate that. Lottie is going to get kept in for eye candy but was awful this week (and hasn't been great all since it started) including being last in Technical, having a rubbish brownie and having a good looking but dry cake. At least Sura showed in previous weeks she had some ability. And going by Lottie's expression when they announced it, she thought she was a goner too.

6 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
8 hours ago, The Naitch said:
No debate about Sura leaving this week.

I'll debate that. Lottie is going to get kept in for eye candy but was awful this week (and hasn't been great all since it started) including being last in Technical, having a rubbish brownie and having a good looking but dry cake. At least Sura showed in previous weeks she had some ability. And going by Lottie's expression when they announced it, she thought she was a goner too.

Lottie is still in because there's not been a week where she was the worst baker, so there's no debate really.  It was clearly between the two of them going into the final round, but Sura's showstopper not only looked a shambles but was inedible which sealed her fate.   

7 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

The standard has been really low this series.  None of the showstoppers were particularly amazing, and all of the brownies were just a mess.  

I said this last week, the standard of the bakers is shit compared to previous years.  No standout showstopper throughout this year, and not one got a pass for their brownies. 

They shouldn't have bothered with star baker this week, Mark L was clearly the best of a bad bunch.  

Edited by MONKMAN

9 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

The standard has been really low this series.  None of the showstoppers were particularly amazing, and all of the brownies were just a mess.  

The brownies were a disaster. The ones I make are nothing special but were much better than those efforts.

Aye it's been quite poor. I wonder what the impact of living in such close quarters, being away from some family, etc. is. If it's also being filmed a lot closer together (am I right in this?) I'd imagine they're more fatigued or stressed than usual.

Probably being put off by Matt Lucas' shite patter anaw

I suspect the standard is a bit lower because you're picking from a smaller pool than usual. You're immediately ruling out a bunch of people who might not have been able to or willing sign up for the "bubble" based version of the show due to work or family commitments.