The Great British Bake Off

The Naitch

Right call made last night. Was pretty even going into the showstopper and was between Rahul and Briony as to who would go. The lack of glaze seemed to be Rahul's major problem, while there was one pastry Briony hadn't finished and another one she'd messed up so seemed fair enough for me. No idea who'll win it next week.

Wonder if part of the reason Manon was binned last week was because they felt she didn't deserve to make the final but they knew she'd probably do pretty well with the patisserie challenge so had to act before she got that far.

Every post with some Rahul hate in it will get a like from me. I unfortunately feel he will win it next week

If he’s asked to do a lot of things at once and multiple techniques he won’t. He’s a great baker, but not one who can multitask. Ruby is the one who’ll come out on top if they’re asked to do a lot of things at once.

Aye, thought it was fair enough based on the showstopper comments, the sheer amount of work he put in and his reaction to the explosion. Good series overall, with even the more annoying bakers growing on me - except Dan and Jon; I wasn't surprised to see they were shown on their own during the "Where are you now?" bit at the end.

9 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

They did everything they could to let him win. Kim-Joy deserved it in my opinion. Ruby had a very poor final.

What did they do exactly to let him win? Other than give him an extra 15 minutes due to a jar exploding and him having to restart which would have been very unfair on him if they hadn't.

I appear to be the only person here who is delighted that Rahul won. 3 very even bakers but his flavours were normally consistent and he nailed the showstopper last night.  

Kim-Joy would have been an equally deserving winner - her bakes stand out through out the series and her galaxy globe was probably the highlight of the season for me.  Just fell short in the final.

How though can they justify taking the bakers out the tent to make pittas by camp fire? It's the bloody final of GBBO and you're making them do something so gimmicky that doesn't really differentiate them as being good bakers or not. Rahul struggled to keep the fire going - does that mean he's a bad baker? Was a complete waste of time and I hope they don't do anything similar in the future.

• 9 months later...

I’m looking forward to the Great English Bake Off starting next week.

Between most reality shows and programmes such as this I’m beginning to think Essex is the biggest most fame hungry place in the world.

Generally cannot watch a show without at least 2 or 3 people from that bloody place showing up.