The Great British Bake Off

The Naitch

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

I was never a fan of Dan and am glad he was punted and glad
I was proved wrong about Briony, it was annoying Paul never gave a proper review of her showstopper, you could tell he liked it but it wasn’t perfect and it wasn’t clear why.

Rahul could easily have been star baker again and if the show was a league table he would be long out of sight by now. He’s definitely a cut above the rest.

I always thought you were a bit of a danfan.

I’m going to be honest. I used to think Noel was a fud.

However he had won me over in this and is actually a brilliant host. Think the chemistry with Sandi and him is excellent.

He’s great on this....shite on everything else

So Rahul didn’t get it because his cake fell apart? If that’s true then Ruby should have went.,

Her cake didn’t fall apart due to a baking issue it was a structural issue, Paul enjoyed the taste of the cake and despite it falling it was still a good cake in the judges opinion. Ruby had good technical and signature bakes as well compared to John who just came unstuck as vegan week was too much of a curve ball for him.

Kim joys technical wasn’t even particularly bad so it’s unfair to say she wasn’t deserving of star baker considering she got a handshake for her signature and her showstopper was very good. Her attention to detail is bloody impressive, her show stopper truly was a work of art.

Mannon and Ruby have ridden their luck and I fancy them to be gone next but you just never know. Briony is now looking like a dark horse after a couple of poor weeks, I thought she may have got star baker last night.

Shame to see Jon go as well. Thought Ruby or even Manon (who must have used up her nine lives by now) were more deserving of going.
Not sad to see Jon go tbh - he seemed a bit cocky and I thought his pally-pally act (especially with Dan) seemed very put on. Manon irritates me as well so hopefully you're right about her using up her lives next week.