The Great British Bake Off

The Naitch

1 hour ago, Rowan said:

You weren’t joking. She’s a fuckwit!

She was the first person they showed a clip of before the titles in the first episode. I knew right away I hated her.

Her obsession with japan reminds me of Vince Vaughn in Be Cool.

She was the first person they showed a clip of before the titles in the first episode. I knew right away I hated her.

Iv a feeling her name is just Joy. She added the Kim to sound Asian

5 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Iv a feeling her name is just Joy. She added the Kim to sound Asian

I thought the same!

6 hours ago, Stu said:

Yup knew she’d have me wanting to kick the tv!

Well deserved star baker for Dan this week though Jon might consider himself a wee bit unlucky has he had a good week as well.

Briony and Karen will be thanking their lucky stars that Terry had the skitters (presumably) this week and nobody went home. Means there'll be two going home at some point.

Aye Dan had a good week but Kim Joys showstopper was the best bake of the evening.

If Terry was sick he should have done the same challenges at a separate time from all the others, you don’t just get through to the next round for being sick.

Briony was my early favourite to win the entire thing but she had a shit week. Her, Terry and Karen are the obvious candidates for next weeks eviction. Rahul the slight favourite to win with Jon not far behind IMO.

8 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Anyone see the edit f**k up

Yeah I thought I seen it.  Was watching on catch up on my Fire stick and presumed that my internet had just gone a bit funny. Was after Briony presented her show stopper that it suddenly cut to them all celebrating at the end?

Yeah I thought I seen it.  Was watching on catch up on my Fire stick and presumed that my internet had just gone a bit funny. Was after Briony presented her show stopper that it suddenly cut to them all celebrating at the end?

Aye. Shot from behind of the judges walking towards the contestants sitting on their stools.

Fairly obvious Terry can't make desserts so pulled a sickie. The judges then shat it so decided no one was going home.
Thought we were going to get rid of Kim Joy until our space turtles nonsense.

2 to go next week tho by looks of it. Hopefully Kim-Joy and Rahul. I seem to be in the minority but I can’t stand him, he is so pathetic

I thought they wimped it last night. It’s not ideal but they have had people miss weeks for sickness and return the following week so that wasn’t really an excuse.

They’ve also had weeks where they haven’t got rid of anyone before but that’s usually down to a couple of people having two terrible rounds followed by brilliant show stoppers, making the decision too difficult. Last night Briony, Ruby and Karen were all poor and one of them (probably Briony) should have gone.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

I thought they wimped it last night. It’s not ideal but they have had people miss weeks for sickness and return the following week so that wasn’t really an excuse.
They’ve also had weeks where they haven’t got rid of anyone before but that’s usually down to a couple of people having two terrible rounds followed by brilliant show stoppers, making the decision too difficult. Last night Briony, Ruby and Karen were all poor and one of them (probably Briony) should have gone.

I though Karen deserved to go. She has been poor throughout in my opinion so I can’t see her lasting much longer

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

I though Karen deserved to go. She has been poor throughout in my opinion so I can’t see her lasting much longer

Karen's definitely the worst baker left overall but they don't put much weight on previous weeks. I thought her showstopper would probably just save her ahead of Briony.

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

2 to go next week tho by looks of it. Hopefully Kim-Joy and Rahul. I seem to be in the minority but I can’t stand him, he is so pathetic

I hope it's two folk that deserve to go rather than someone good who has a duff week and ends up second worst, which would usually make them safe.

As an aside, as someone who loves cakes, desserts etc it amazes me how many of the contestants manage to make things I wouldn't like. If I was a judge, anyone using pineapple, coconut, cherries, pears or bananas would instantly be kicked off.

I hope it's two folk that deserve to go rather than someone good who has a duff week and ends up second worst, which would usually make them safe.
As an aside, as someone who loves cakes, desserts etc it amazes me how many of the contestants manage to make things I wouldn't like. If I was a judge, anyone using pineapple, coconut, cherries, pears or bananas would instantly be kicked off.

Or fucking passion fruit