Relegation

dal45

Well not as things stand, no - by definition if you've a fixed boundary as opposed to saying "the 16 most southerly clubs will be Lowland and the remaining 18 clubs will be Highland" then you don't move clubs from the one to the other. However, who's to say that in 5 or 10 years time or something that mightn't change. It will certainly take time for the situation to arise as it must be pretty unlikely that the SPFL2 club will be relegated each year, and pretty unlikely if they are that clubs from only 1 of HL or LL will be coming up, i.e. it'd take time for any imbalance to manifest itself.

One problem with removing a fixed boundary is the current gap between Cove and Stirling Uni.

You couldn't have Cove in LL - you wouldn't want Stirling in HL.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At first looks there doesn't appear to be a whole lot missing, but I've never been. What do you think needs changed?

First Aid room,dressing rooms far too small (supposed to seat 22),no Wc`s male or female or disabled!

No tannoy system,no safety certificate etc etc

Could they create a Lowland League 2 with these additional clubs? If they were supplemented by one or two Juniors (I think Haddington have spoken about aiming for a Club Licence) would there be enough teams for two divisions?

What's the point of making a Lowland League 2? Isn't the point of a pyramid that it gets more local with each step down?

With the East of Scotland league dying a slow death I think the next step the Lowland League should take is to create an east and west division underneath the current LL then we can start the regionalisation below that, not a LL division 2!

What's the point of making a Lowland League 2? Isn't the point of a pyramid that it gets more local with each step down?

As a general rule, yes, but if a particular region/level can stand two divisions there's no reason why they can't be incorporated. An example from the English Pyramid (apart from the top 5 divisions) is the Northern Counties East League - 45 clubs across 2 divisions sitting at levels 9-10. There are 6 possible level 11 feeders

Whether the LL can stand two divisions though is another question

Archived