Relegation

dal45

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ha ha thank god!! ;). Was just wondering?

:) ... it's a good question. I was told it was worked out at a recent meeting.

Bottom side to go into a play off v winners of South and East? Or straight relegation and the play off winners to come up? Not sure quite how licensing affects things? Hibee?

Even if the Juniors decide to stand apart, that still leaves the EOS & SOS Leagues.

I observed this on the SOS League subforum:

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/215003-league-table-predictions/?p=8626381

Apparently at meeting this week it was said that the bottom LL side will be relegated and be replaced with the winner of a play off between SOS and EOS leagues if they have relevant licence

Personally I think the ideal (right down the pyramid) will be for 1 automatic place + 1 playoff place, as SPFL currently operate, but at least that would mean the connection between LL & EOS/SOS was 2/3 of the way down that route whereas that between SPFL & HL/LL is only 1/3 of the way.

EDIT: Of course there are still 2 vacancies, as well, to bring LL up to its ultimate 16 clubs. Not sure if any link-up is on between HL and NCFL.

Even if the Juniors decide to stand apart, that still leaves the EOS & SOS Leagues. I observed this on the SOS League subforum: http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/215003-league-table-predictions/?p=8626381 Personally I think the ideal (right down the pyramid) will be for 1 automatic place + 1 playoff place, as SPFL currently operate, but at least that would mean the connection between LL & EOS/SOS was 2/3 of the way down that route whereas that between SPFL & HL/LL is only 1/3 of the way. EDIT: Of course there are still 2 vacancies, as well, to bring LL up to its ultimate 16 clubs. Not sure if any link-up is on between HL and NCFL.

not sure about south clubs but when east clubs like duns,burntisland,strollers and coldstream are all spending money on their grounds I think its only fair they get an opportunity to gain promotion if good enough ?

not sure about south clubs but when east clubs like duns,burntisland,strollers and coldstream are all spending money on their grounds I think its only fair they get an opportunity to gain promotion if good enough ?

Most definitely. And anyway, that's what a pyramid system is all about... the ability to move up and down the levels according to achievements onfield and facilities off it.

Coldstream and Duns were both open about having applied to LL for this season and if either/both can get licenced by next summer I'm sure they'll try again.

Lothian and Wigtown ran away with the EOS and SOS leagues last season... not sure how either are with licensing. I imagine Wigtown would be.

Could they create a Lowland League 2 with these additional clubs? If they were supplemented by one or two Juniors (I think Haddington have spoken about aiming for a Club Licence) would there be enough teams for two divisions?

Where have you heard this ?

I'm fairly certain someone on here posted Haddington had distanced themselves from applying to the lowland league.

I said that I thought that they had spoken about Club Licensing, not a Lowland League application. I might not be correct in that though.

The specific teams wasn't the crux of my post though. I used them as an example of potential Junior sides who could supplement the applications from current SoS & EoS clubs. It's possible that some sides lower down the Junior pyramid might be interested, even if the Superleague teams aren't.

Where have you heard this ?

I'm fairly certain someone on here posted Haddington had distanced themselves from applying to the lowland league.

I posted that Haddington wouldn't be applying for this season but later confirmed that the efforts towards a Club Licence had started in earnest

I posted that Haddington wouldn't be applying for this season but later confirmed that the efforts towards a Club Licence had started in earnest

How are you finding the process so far? Do the SFA give you any timescales?

Cheers for that so you haven't distanced yourselves from a lowland league application then ?

How are you finding the process so far? Do the SFA give you any timescales?

I'm not at the coal-face of the correspondence, so to speak, but if I've got it right the SFA have so far asked asked for the relevant information regarding the governance of the club. Should that prove satisfactory, there will be a site visit, where the facilities on the ground and our plans for improvement will be discussed. As mentioned before, we also need to have the Council onside, planning wise, as our ground is in a conservation area (all pie huts, first aid rooms and toilets must fit in with the environment :D ). Nothing has proven too onerous at present but it will be what happens (or is allowed to happen) on the ground that will allow progress or not. That's our particular case - one thing I've learned with Scottish non-league football is that pretty much every club has unique circumstances.

Cheers for that so you haven't distanced yourselves from a lowland league application then ?

The Licensing program doesn't really allow that now - we will be required to give a commitment to the pyramid system. Beforehand, the current committee's position was to get ourselves into a position where the Licence *could* be granted

this was a question about bottom team being relegated!!! Not licensing!!!

Sorry. But the answer is yes

I'm not at the coal-face of the correspondence, so to speak, but if I've got it right the SFA have so far asked asked for the relevant information regarding the governance of the club. Should that prove satisfactory, there will be a site visit, where the facilities on the ground and our plans for improvement will be discussed. As mentioned before, we also need to have the Council onside, planning wise, as our ground is in a conservation area (all pie huts, first aid rooms and toilets must fit in with the environment :D ). Nothing has proven too onerous at present but it will be what happens (or is allowed to happen) on the ground that will allow progress or not. That's our particular case - one thing I've learned with Scottish non-league football is that pretty much every club has unique circumstances.

thanks for the reply. I'm going to try to get to a haddington game in the next few weeks.

The Lowland League confirmed on their Twitter feed that there will be relegation to either the EoS/SoS this season - no more details provided, however. Ridiculous people appear to be having to ask them for a clear process.

The Lowland League confirmed on their Twitter feed that there will be relegation to either the EoS/SoS this season - no more details provided, however. Ridiculous people appear to be having to ask them for a clear process.

Is that for footballing or licensing reasons ?

Archived