Rangers fans and far right British nationalism; compare and contrast

Much as I've tried I just cannot distinguish the rangers support base from far right British nationalism. Consider the below characteristics which define both groups;

Hatred towards ethnic minorities who do not fit in with their view of white anglo saxon protestant britishness (Irish, catholic, muslim, black, asian, eastern european etc) - check

Garish obsession with festooning everywhere they go with union jacks, even on foreign holidays - check

Obscenely overweight bodies covered in revolting union jack, british bulldog and "no surrender" tattoos - check

Fetish for "our brave boys" in the british armed forces - check

Frenzied aggression and hostility towards anyone who doesn't support "our brave boys'" campaign in Afghanistan and Iraq - check

Frenzied aggression and hostility towards anyone who chooses not to wear a poppy every November - check

Support for the israeli campaign of terror in Gaza on the grounds that it's killing "muzzies" - check

Hard-on for an 88 year old english great grandmother who lives in a big palace in London - check

Opposed to Scottish independence - check

Contempt and disdain for non-English speaking cultures which just so happened to be present on these islands long before the anglo saxons, such as Gaelic and Welsh - check

Much as I've tried I just cannot distinguish the rangers support base from far right British nationalism. Consider the below characteristics which define both groups;

Hatred towards ethnic minorities who do not fit in with their view of white anglo saxon protestant britishness (Irish, catholic, muslim, black, asian, eastern european etc) - check

Garish obsession with festooning everywhere they go with union jacks, even on foreign holidays - check

Obscenely overweight bodies covered in revolting union jack, british bulldog and "no surrender" tattoos - check

Fetish for "our brave boys" in the british armed forces - check

Frenzied aggression and hostility towards anyone who doesn't support "our brave boys'" campaign in Afghanistan and Iraq - check

Frenzied aggression and hostility towards anyone who chooses not to wear a poppy every November - check

Support for the israeli campaign of terror in Gaza on the grounds that it's killing "muzzies" - check

Hard-on for an 88 year old english great grandmother who lives in a big palace in London - check

Opposed to Scottish independence - check

Contempt and disdain for non-English speaking cultures which just so happened to be present on these islands long before the anglo saxons, such as Gaelic and Welsh - check

So you don't like them, then?

Archived