Champion Albion v Annan

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I quite enjoyed the game. Thought it was a soft penalty and both teams needed a bit more dig in midfield. I don't see anything wrong with Cliftonhill for League 1 or 2 games, although the queue for the pie stall was murder.

I liked Owen's too, not a bad wee pub with a good beer garden.

Had £20 on Rovers at 13/10 too.

Out of interest, are you a pay what you can season ticket holder?

With all the petted lip moaning and seal clapping after yesterday's win, I think I'll head down to Arbroath on Saturday now to see what all the fuss is about!

Out of interest, are you a pay what you can season ticket holder?

With all the petted lip moaning and seal clapping after yesterday's win, I think I'll head down to Arbroath on Saturday now to see what all the fuss is about!

I paid a tenner at the gate.

Albino n Bold are a couple of p***ks who constabtly critise, Albion win there 1st game of season against a tricky Annan team yet all they can do is moan n pick faults instead of being happy with 3 poonts on opening day ? Pair of them shood f**k off !!!

Oh Good God! This place is getting more like Pravda with every passing hour.

Criticism is part of watching football. You pay your money, you have your non-abusive say. You could do with noting the the non-abusive part...

Oh Good God! This place is getting more like Pravda with every passing hour.

Criticism is part of watching football. You pay your money, you have your non-abusive say. You could do with noting the the non-abusive part...

Mr K, I agree that criticism is part of football and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. However, the 2 mentioned have been going on ridiculous for some time now. For the short period of time that I have posted on here they have picked fault after fault after fault and I think people are fed up with the constant sh*te from them.

I don't know who football maddy is and maybe he could have worded his post better but I think he is just saying what many within the rovers support think/say about the way the 2 of them criticise everything about the club they apparently support.

Just watched the wee YouTube video with the goals. Penalty looked remarkably soft. Nice to see the Rovers make use of a corner for the 2nd goal, I can't remember the last time I saw that happen. Hopefully it'll continue!

Do you have a link to this mate?

Mr K, I agree that criticism is part of football and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. However, the 2 mentioned have been going on ridiculous for some time now. For the short period of time that I have posted on here they have picked fault after fault after fault and I think people are fed up with the constant sh*te from them.

Clearly I don't agree but I respect your opinion and certainly won't be abusing you for holding it. I also feel you're particularly hard on Bold Rover; I reckon I'm just as critical as he is, and follow the same style of balancing any criticisms with positives (of which there are currently very many).

However, if you feel the way you do then you can either argue against what they say or ignore them. I doubt you'll get too many chances at throwing abuse about on here before the Mods (who are actually pretty good when compared to elsewhere) become involved.

Clearly I don't agree but I respect your opinion and certainly won't be abusing you for holding it. I also feel you're particularly hard on Bold Rover; I reckon I'm just as critical as he is, and follow the same style of balancing any criticisms with positives (of which there are currently very many).

However, if you feel the way you do then you can either argue against what they say or ignore them. I doubt you'll get too many chances at throwing abuse about on here before the Mods (who are actually pretty good when compared to elsewhere) become involved.

Throwing abuse about? Hardly anything bad I've said.

I am not being particularly hard on anyone. As I've said previously I can accept criticism but only when it is merited. We have just won our first league game of the season yet people are still looking for faults to pick about players etc. Get behind the bloody team rather ripping the hole out it every chance (well according to one person it isn't hard to find faults with rovers).

As I've said previously I can accept criticism but only when it is merited.

Who decides when it's merited though?

I was very critical of our manager after the game at Airdrie as I felt it was merited. Should I have been clearing that criticism with someone before posting it, or not mentioning it because we won?

Who decides when it's merited though?

I was very critical of our manager after the game at Airdrie as I felt it was merited. Should I have been clearing that criticism with someone before posting it, or not mentioning it because we won?

You are just picking at parts of what I'm saying. The bigger part of this argument or whatever you want to call it is they are constantly picking faults with everything Rovers related and people are getting very frustrated with it. Why come to our club if all that you are going to do is pick away at everything about it? There is no need for it.

You are just picking at parts of what I'm saying. The bigger part of this argument or whatever you want to call it is they are constantly picking faults with everything Rovers related and people are getting very frustrated with it. Why come to our club if all that you are going to do is pick away at everything about it? There is no need for it.

What's the point in getting frustrated about what some randomer on the Internet says? You can't do anything about it so getting annoyed about it is just daft.

As I've said before, either argue the various points with them (without name-calling) or ignore them. What, I personally don't want is people to be hounded off this board for holding minority opinions, as happened with the Rovers Message Board a few years back.

Finally, I actually think you bring a lot to this Board. We won't always agree, although you had me swithering on Darren Young's contribution last night, but you're a genuine Rovers fan with forthright opinions, as are Bold and Albino.

My praise for the back five, Mullin, Phillips and the Annan side seems to have gone unnoticed. We were efficient, especially in the second half, and I'd give pass marks to eight of our starters.

What's the point in getting frustrated about what some randomer on the Internet says? You can't do anything about it so getting annoyed about it is just daft.

As I've said before, either argue the various points with them (without name-calling) or ignore them. What, I personally don't want is people to be hounded off this board for holding minority opinions, as happened with the Rovers Message Board a few years back.

Finally, I actually think you bring a lot to this Board. We won't always agree, although you had me swithering on Darren Young's contribution last night, but you're a genuine Rovers fan with forthright opinions, as are Bold and Albino.

I won't hound them off, they are doing a perfectly good job of that themselves with constant snide remarks and put down of the club we all love...but if I stand up for my club I'm a happy clapper?? Lot of sh*te!

On Darren Young he has got better over the 3 games, for me yesterday was his best in a rovers top. He needs some support in the middle of the park as the other midfielders go charging up the park at every opportunity without thought of leaving him by himself to face the counter attack in midfield. He made vital tackles yesterday and some really good passes. For his age he does quite a bit of running to cover the other midfielders pushing up. Put someone else in there with him and he wouldn't be blowing out his ar*e after 70mins.

Archived