Champion Albion v Annan

specifically in what way is it THE worst football ground ? What should it have that it lacks exactly ? What specific facilities or little luxuries did you miss out on today during your visit ? Padded seat perhaps sir, quilted loo roll ? Locally sourced handmade Pulled Pork burger with Mayo on yer seasoned handcut potato wedges ? Or are you just another of the pampered prawn sandwich brigade ? Man up

No I don't like prawns son. That sounds great about the food, if you can get that on the menu go for it. Then you'll just need to upgrade the shitty stand, sort out the pitch and gypsy camp surrounding it and maybe sort out the shocking facilities that the players and staff have to use. I don't think padded seats would matter.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At game and disappointed at result. Thought very little between teams bearing in mind Albions millions!

However Annan not showing very much and think we have problems! Need a goalscorer,doesn't everybody!

Certainly need Kenny back and then get Josh into his favourite position,he is certainly not suited to his current

role. And I thought it was a definite penalty!!

No I don't like prawns son. That sounds great about the food, if you can get that on the menu go for it. Then you'll just need to upgrade the shitty stand, sort out the pitch and gypsy camp surrounding it and maybe sort out the shocking facilities that the players and staff have to use. I don't think padded seats would matter.

Are you speaking on behalf of Annan's players and staff? If so, I've never heard complaints of this nature from your club before. You possibly need to realise that, notwithstanding our good fortune last season, money is tight in our division and whilst I admire your facility at Annan it is not easily replicated throughout our league. I've said on here before that Cliftonhill is not fit for purpose but we just have to get on with it. There are plenty of dump grounds throughout the Scottish League.

No surprise there....

Are you's actually rovers fans? Always looking for faults about something regarding the team or the board or anything else for that matter.

I come on here for some reasonable discussion about the football. That involves constructive criticism when appropriate and not universal sycophantic praise. For what it's worth I think we look good for this season. Young's problem will be keeping his squad players content. I don't expect Chaplain, Cusack or Pollock to be happy not playing.

No surprise there....

Are you's actually rovers fans? Always looking for faults about something regarding the team or the board or anything else for that matter.

At Albion Rovers you don't usually have to go looking for faults!

So far this season, having seen Rovers play twice I have dished out positive and negative criticism of the team, which I prefer to sickly, pally happy clapping. Example- rather than have a go at the gaffer's lack of legs today, you suggested that Fisher, Mullin and Phillips were too fast for him!

I agree with Bold about Gemmell, and hasten to add his lack of pace, and that his big mouth got him his third yellow card of the season. I was scared he would get a fourth before the second half began with his petulant antics on the halfway line.

You would

The pair of you do my tits in, why do you goto games if all yous do is moan

Are the pair of you related

I come on here for some reasonable discussion about the football. That involves constructive criticism when appropriate and not universal sycophantic praise. For what it's worth I think we look good for this season. Young's problem will be keeping his squad players content. I don't expect Chaplain, Cusack or Pollock to be happy not playing.

I am all for constructive criticism when it is merited but we have just won and you's are still looking for faults with players in our team. Off memory, previously it was a dig at the board regarding the pay what you can scheme, it just gets predictable and boring when it's almost guaranteed one or both of you will be having digs at the club/players on our threads.

On Chaplain I doubt he can have any complaints just now as he's had none or little preseason due to working at the commonwealth games. Cusack was my player of the season 2013/14, would like to see him back in the starting 11 as he is a cracking player. Can't really comment on Pollock as not seen much of him but he will need to earn his place in the team which sure will become harder if we keep winning.

Are you speaking on behalf of Annan's players and staff? If so, I've never heard complaints of this nature from your club before. You possibly need to realise that, notwithstanding our good fortune last season, money is tight in our division and whilst I admire your facility at Annan it is not easily replicated throughout our league. I've said on here before that Cliftonhill is not fit for purpose but we just have to get on with it. There are plenty of dump grounds throughout the Scottish League.

No just my own observations and discussions with others. No offence intended.

Here you go pal post-51636-14076165265788_thumb.jpg

You would

The pair of you do my tits in, why do you goto games if all yous do is moan

Are the pair of you related

Like the rest of us I go to games as a supporter and type my findings on here, including moaning when appropriate. Where there are disagreements among fans I am happy to discuss them. There is an "ignore" function on P&B if you don't want to read my contributions.

At Albion Rovers you don't usually have to go looking for faults!

So far this season, having seen Rovers play twice I have dished out positive and negative criticism of the team, which I prefer to sickly, pally happy clapping. Example- rather than have a go at the gaffer's lack of legs today, you suggested that Fisher, Mullin and Phillips were too fast for him!

You fella are a fud.

If you read my post again you may notice I am saying the mentioned players rush forward leaving no support in midfield with Young when the opposition attack us leaving him outnumbered. Nothing to do with how fast a player can run.

You fella are a fud.

Come on Paul, no need for that.

Albino can be a bit more critical than most, and occasionally he's at the wind-up when doing it (where art thou Ross Ballantyne?), but there's no doubt he's a fan, and a die-hard one at that. His Dad (Bold) on the other hand is pretty fair and knows his stuff, and has been around Cliftonhill longer than most of us.

Come on Paul, no need for that.

Albino can be a bit more critical than most, and occasionally he's at the wind-up when doing it (where art thou Ross Ballantyne?), but there's no doubt he's a fan, and a die-hard one at that. His Dad (Bold) on the other hand is pretty fair and knows his stuff, and has been around Cliftonhill longer than most of us.

Maybe not and I understand everyone can have a moan but it is frustrating reading this characters constant put downs at almost everything the club does. It's out of order at times and no need for it at all.

What a crap comment from a supposed supporter of our team? Seriously, why come and support us?

come on guys ! Opinions matter. Agree / Disagree. The reason most of us chaps support the Rovers in the first place is because we enjoy all that comes with following a wee team.

The victories are much sweeter.

Enjoy the good days like today.

As for Darren Young. Played at a higher level than anyone else in the team. Got lots to offer. Was fit enough for championship last season. He does look a fraction off the pace but he offers lots of experience and credibility for those around him.

I quite enjoyed the game. Thought it was a soft penalty and both teams needed a bit more dig in midfield. I don't see anything wrong with Cliftonhill for League 1 or 2 games, although the queue for the pie stall was murder.

I liked Owen's too, not a bad wee pub with a good beer garden.

Had £20 on Rovers at 13/10 too.

that must be THE worst football ground in all the Scottish leagues!! I thought they would have spent some of that cash a bit better.

Thats abit harsh,personally i thought the paint job on the stand gives clifton abit of a san siro look to it..

An excellent comeback again from Rovers - certainly last year's team would have struggled to come back from a goal down. A good all round team performance where most players (including Gemmell ) played their part - would prefer to see Cusack in midfield and we have yet to see anything from our marquee signing Gary Fisher.

Special mention for young Turnbull at left back - was a bit shaky against Airdrie but is turning out to be a solid replacement for Barry Whatshisname.

Archived