Champion Albion v Annan

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On my way to game, good craic on supporters bus, looking fwd to Owens.

Anyways Love Annan player, illegally tapped up by Rovers, I'm not sure but I dont think Annan have rec'd an offer yet so if he plays I reckon there will be a formal complaint registered within 1 hr of game finishing.

Annan awarded 3 nil win n Rovers fined £10k.

think such disputes (if there is a dispute) are normally settled via a tribunal but doesn't impact the fact he is a registered Rovers player one bit

As others have said it is pathetic that clubs in our league would demand such payments from one another

Maybe your committee can sniff out some of our mega bucks cup money though eh

You didn't develop him anyway

Tapped up ? Did he not leave at the end of his contract ?

Funny game that one. We were the better side but seemed to make a conscious decision to see it out at 2-1 when there were positive subs available. Annan's penalty was a shocker, although Ross would have been better just to leave the boy be; he was going nowhere.

Still, it's a great start against one of the fancied sides. I do though have to raise the contribution of our manager again; that midfield screening role needs mobility and he no longer has it.

Still, it's a great start against one of the fancied sides. I do though have to raise the contribution of our manager again; that midfield screening role needs mobility and he no longer has it.

I even heard your players mutter to each other "the gaffers nowhere" ha ha.

Thought the Rovers fans where a bit OTT with ref to be honest, aye he wasn't great but not many are at this level. The penalty was a bit soft but still fell that it would've been a free kick if outside the box, Logan just nipped in front of the lad before getting a nudge. What seems to go unnoticed is how much Gemmell gets away with using his arms and elbows but yet if he isn't winning the ball he goes down like a sack of tatties and gets the free kick.

Anyway Albion looked decent think you boys will be up there this season, we weren't at the races and need to get things sorted quickly as we don't look the team we did last year

Fancied sides,says who?everyone i have spoken to down this way isnt to confident this season.i have said for the last couple weeks we will finish about 8th.annan were poor today.1st half was fairly 50/50 and the 2nd half annan had about 2 shots and albion seemed happy at 2-1,which made for very boring football.we need about 3-4 players to contend,new goalie couple defenders and a left midfielder.roll on next saturday, about time we had a home game.

I even heard your players mutter to each other "the gaffers nowhere" ha ha.

I'm not surprised, and we've got enough senior guys that will also be saying the same thing in the dressing room. I wouldn't mind so much if he was being subbed off later in games, but he's an absolute ever-present despite spending the latter parts of games well off the pace.

Good recovery by the Rovers; coming back to win from a goal down is something we have done infrequently. I feel Annan shaded the first half. Ross did barge into the back of Logan who deliberately slowed down to take the hit - quite clever really. We bossed the second half and deserved the points as Annan faded. At the risk of offending our ever-praising contingent, I thought Gemmell was poor and I hope he's not an automatic pick in this team.

I do though have to raise the contribution of our manager again; that midfield screening role needs mobility and he no longer has it.

I disagree with this, I thought Young played a good game. Made some vital tackles and always looked to play a pass to the boys on the wing. I think the issue for our midfield is we have Phillips, fisher and Mullan who all rush forward leaving him isolated himself in the middle of the park which results in him being outnumbered when the opposition attacks. I do agree he has about 70mins in him then he should sub himself off.

Good recovery by the Rovers; coming back to win from a goal down is something we have done infrequently. I feel Annan shaded the first half. Ross did barge into the back of Logan who deliberately slowed down to take the hit - quite clever really. We bossed the second half and deserved the points as Annan faded. At the risk of offending our ever-praising contingent, I thought Gemmell was poor and I hope he's not an automatic pick in this team.

Big Beast is playing up top himself and bursting a gut to get flick ons or whatever else he can get himself onto. He held the ball up well and made plenty of clever passes for Mcguigan and Mullan to run onto. He's a handful for opposition defenders (which btw Annan defenders were trying to tear the shirt off his back), he is very important to us as we don't have any other striker like him...he will be one of the first names on the team sheet!

Big Beast is playing up top himself and bursting a gut to get flick ons or whatever else he can get himself onto. He held the ball up well and made plenty of clever passes for Mcguigan and Mullan to run onto. He's a handful for opposition defenders (which btw Annan defenders were trying to tear the shirt off his back), he is very important to us as we don't have any other striker like him...he will be one of the first names on the team sheet!

Once again, we'll agree to differ. I thought he was sluggish throughout and his flick ons were usually into empty space miles ahead of the supporting players. And he wasn't up alone - McGuigan was playing equally high up (and not very well either.) Biggest successes were Mullin, Turnbull Reid and the improved Parry.

Annan were the better team in the first half and have to agree it was a soft penalty. The second half Annan seem to lose the plot. 2 soft goals given away again when in actual fact Albion never threatened too much. They can't seem to defend set pieces. It has to be said though, that must be THE worst football ground in all the Scottish leagues!! I thought they would have spent some of that cash a bit better.

Once again, we'll agree to differ. I thought he was sluggish throughout and his flick ons were usually into empty space miles ahead of the supporting players. And he wasn't up alone - McGuigan was playing equally high up (and not very well either.) Biggest successes were Mullin, Turnbull Reid and the improved Parry.

I will disagree about Mcguigan also, thought he had a good game...very positive and ran all day taking on players at all times. He adds goals to his game and he too will be a vital player in our team. Agree about Mullin and Turnbull both looking very good signings. Reid gives you 110% every game so these sort of MOTM performances from him are expected now.

Annan were the better team in the first half and have to agree it was a soft penalty. The second half Annan seem to lose the plot. 2 soft goals given away again when in actual fact Albion never threatened too much. They can't seem to defend set pieces. It has to be said though, that must be THE worst football ground in all the Scottish leagues!! I thought they would have spent some of that cash a bit better.

specifically in what way is it THE worst football ground ? What should it have that it lacks exactly ? What specific facilities or little luxuries did you miss out on today during your visit ? Padded seat perhaps sir, quilted loo roll ? Locally sourced handmade Pulled Pork burger with Mayo on yer seasoned handcut potato wedges ? Or are you just another of the pampered prawn sandwich brigade ? Man up

I thought Annan were pretty poor thorughout the game tbh and were lucky to be 1-0 up at half time. Rovers had plenty of good movement in the first half from midfield and put in plenty of dangerous crosses. After Rovers went 2-1 up quickly, the game seemd to fade somewhat and they held on for the 2-1 instead of trying to kill Annan off. Nearly bit them int he arses right enough when an effort from the Annan right back came off the bar.

The ref was shite btw. Doesn't matter what level you referee in, he should have done better.

I agree with Bold about Gemmell, and hasten to add his lack of pace, and that his big mouth got him his third yellow card of the season. I was scared he would get a fourth before the second half began with his petulant antics on the halfway line.

Mark McGuigan proved that he's best-deployed out wide. Offside almost as much as Gemmell, and I think he managed a single shot, which was as easy a save as his penalty last weekend. There were three Rover players in the stand who are better in front of goal- McGuigan could be very useful in setting them up from the right wing, though.

Darren Young is also slow, and completed fewer forward passes than any of his colleagues in the midfield 4. He's given himself 330 minutes of football, and penalties in each of the shoot-outs. Methinks his high hairline may be on a big head. Fisher wasn't overly impressive but contributed some moments of excitement. Chaplain and Cusack should keep him out the team for most of the season.

There are, however, plenty of positives: Neil Parry looked able, although his kicks-out still need work, and he juggled a few which he should have caught. I suppose he had to throw in a few errors so we knew he wasn't an impostor.

The back four looked solid, especially remembering that half of them were on bookings for much of the game- Reid's for a stupid foul and Ross's a con by Logan, who was one of the best players on the pitch. I think the penalty decision was the only major one the ref got wrong. Josh Mullin showed promise, and Gary Phillips had a better game than against Livingston.

Annan look an excellent team, although I'd ditch McStay for Flynn, but they didn't create enough chances. Rovers were nothing special but we took advantage from two good deliveries, are one of the five winners in the league and I can't say fairer than that.

Archived