Champion Albion v Annan

I won't hound them off, they are doing a perfectly good job of that themselves with constant snide remarks and put down of the club we all love...but if I stand up for my club I'm a happy clapper?? Lot of sh*te!

On Darren Young he has got better over the 3 games, for me yesterday was his best in a rovers top. He needs some support in the middle of the park as the other midfielders go charging up the park at every opportunity without thought of leaving him by himself to face the counter attack in midfield. He made vital tackles yesterday and some really good passes. For his age he does quite a bit of running to cover the other midfielders pushing up. Put someone else in there with him and he wouldn't be blowing out his ar*e after 70mins.

for what it's worth , yes I do think that everyone has their opinion and that should be welcomed.

However some certain folks on here think it's their own wee domain and any other individuals that aren't as cynical are seen as "happy clappers" from "Pravda" which I assume means the Rovers fans message board. Ps breaking news ! plenty of cynics on there too guys.

Criticism is one thing but cynicism is another.

My personal feeling is that it's the constant cynicism that guys like Paul and others find especially frustrating.

It could be that some fans are more fickle than others however so if the cynicism floats your boat then do carry on. You have my sincere sympathy.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't hound them off, they are doing a perfectly good job of that themselves with constant snide remarks and put down of the club we all love...but if I stand up for my club I'm a happy clapper?? Lot of sh*te!

On Darren Young he has got better over the 3 games, for me yesterday was his best in a rovers top. He needs some support in the middle of the park as the other midfielders go charging up the park at every opportunity without thought of leaving him by himself to face the counter attack in midfield. He made vital tackles yesterday and some really good passes. For his age he does quite a bit of running to cover the other midfielders pushing up. Put someone else in there with him and he wouldn't be blowing out his ar*e after 70mins.

I challenge you to define "snide" and "put down" then to direct us to comments which I have made which I have made fitting those descriptors.

In the eyes of some Rovers fans, a cynic is a man who has an opinion other than: "Every one of the boys worked there socks off. From big Beast to wee Squib we were amazing from start to finish. McGuigan is a goal machine."

Thought Saturday was very promising for a challenge at the title.

We went behind, we had some of our better players on the bench and we didn’t reach the levels of the previous two games. But we won.

I think it shows the quality in the side that we came through a test like this. A frustrating opening half hour toped off with a soft penalty award would have been enough to see previous Rovers teams crumble but the reaction in the first ten minutes showed we have a team of winners who have the confidence in their own ability to chase a game.

We had a very strong bench too. McKenzine and Love who had stood out in previous games sat this one out (bar a squid cameo) and we won comfortably in the end. Add to this that Cusack and Donnelly on the bench and Chaplain in the stand, this could be one of the best Rovers squads depth wise in years. The inclusion of Mullin in the starting line-up i'd imagine will help the issue of keeping everyone happy as it shows if you come on and do well you can break into the team. Mullin played well but i think at this moment id have Love in there and have him as an option off the bench.

The back four looked solid too Turnbull looks like an upgrade on Russell at left back. Confident and calm at the back and a bit more calculated with his attacking raids up feild . Alan Reid is also looking more composed at the back and in his delivery too.

Up front the team look like they are trying to play some nice stuff with quick short passing, some of it not quite coming off at the moment but i think McGuigan and Gemmell might just need a few more games together.

Pass marks to everyone although i think Phillips and Mullin for Love and McKenzie might be closer to our strongest XI, but its a good feeling to be able to debate who our strongest XI is .

All in nothing to get carried away about but in the end i find that more encouraging than going out and winning 5-0 and running out of steam within a few weeks .

Archived