Champion Albion v Annan

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In our pre-season cup ties we both played Championship and League One opposition: Annan suffered two heavy defeats and the Rovers took both to penalties.*

Leaving the bigging up of the Rovers aside for a moment, the proper football against last season's overachievers. Annan have lost one of their best players in their goalkeeper, and replaced Ally Love with Derek Carcary (for whom we should have made a move). They'll be a good test for our (possibly) improved squad.

Good luck to both teams for the season ahead.

*Hearts and Dunfermline would have gubbed us too.

Actually think Albion are a good shout for the title this year, you've got some really good players.

What do you think of Ally Love so far?

Got this feeling that Annan won't have a very good season, no too sure about our new signings yet. Think we need a few more tbh.

Honestly.. We ain't started to well, pre season went ok but hammered twice in the cups in quick succession isn't the best

Still full of hope for the season to come and hopefully our squad can knit together for the long season haul. Need big kenny back in the team and pistol back in the defence and while we are at it we could do with a reserve keeper to keep Mitch on his toes

Actually think Albion are a good shout for the title this year, you've got some really good players.

What do you think of Ally Love so far?

Got this feeling that Annan won't have a very good season, no too sure about our new signings yet. Think we need a few more tbh.

Ally Love is a wee nippy SH*TE and i love it! He has given 100% both games so far and puts himself about. Isnt scared to have a shot at goals which i am sure will be handy for us when he bags a few for us.

Looking forward to this game, we looked decent on Saturday so hoping for another good performance and 3 points.

I think Rovers have a stronger squad than last seaoson an dthe way we have been playing also has been 10X better really hope we can win this game and challenge for the title.

2-0 rovers

Think we are looking good at the moment.

Been very impressed with the additions Love,Squib,Turnbull and the Beast have all added quality where it was needed.

Its the first time in many years i can't pick Rovers first XI so i imagine the compition for places will keep everyone on their toes.

That said we have a horrible reccord against Annan, even the year we went up ahead of them we only beat them once out of six games !

The thread title does kind of suggest that

no offence intended. Just sporting banter. I did say that both teams should be confident of doing well. If you can't be optimistic at the start of the season etc etc..

Anyway I'll go for a narrow 2-1 win

Love was a cracking player while at Annan,scored some great goals for the club especially this peach against sevco.

i will never forget that night, awesome back heel, moving forward I wish ally all the best but I hope he's on the receiving end on Saturday, MON THE ANNAN

Bit harsh there Pidmoondo. League business is a lot different from early cup games - against far better placed opposition. Team seems settled and fit for purpose for the league we are in. A good start would be good this season to get the fans backing the boys. I'm confident we can give a good account of ourselves again and with a bit of luck get the promotion we should have got last year. We still have the basis of a good squad and have added well to it. Maybe short of a couple of 'loans' but they will come early season. Heads up and let's go!

Archived