Central Sectional League Cup Group 4

glensmad

Looking at the groups in this year's Central Sectional League Cup, I reckon group 4 is wide open. We have Blantyre Victoria and Vale of Clyde on a high from last year's promotion, Cambuslang Rangers and East Kilbride Thistle rebuilding from scratch and most accounts looking useful, and Rutherglen Glencairn as the only Super League team in the group but only having qualified from the section once since gaining Super League status.

Last season it was Vale of Clyde who sneaked the top place by one goal ahead of Cambuslang Rangers. There have been four different winners of the section over the past four seasons, only Blantyre Victoria haven't won the group in that time.

The opening fixtures on Saturday are :-

Blantyre Victoria v Rutherglen Glencairn

Vale of Clyde v East Kilbride Thistle

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to say having not seen any of the other sides.

Cambuslang Rangers are clearly work in progress and some tinkering here and there and maybe a couple of additions could just about see us ready to go.

The mixing and matching at the back in an effort to get the correct combination sees us letting in a number of goals pre-season so that def needs tightened up.

Apart from that Im raring to go, just a pity we are the team to mss out on the opening day LOL :)

Thatll teach me to complain about the end of season fiasco we keep finding ourselves in ^_^

Hard to say having not seen any of the other sides.

Cambuslang Rangers are clearly work in progress and some tinkering here and there and maybe a couple of additions could just about see us ready to go.

The mixing and matching at the back in an effort to get the correct combination sees us letting in a number of goals pre-season so that def needs tightened up.

Apart from that Im raring to go, just a pity we are the team to mss out on the opening day LOL :)

Thatll teach me to complain about the end of season fiasco we keep finding ourselves in ^_^

I expect Cambuslang to have an early season burst of form, which seems to be the case quite often when new managers come in and bring a new team together. Whether that will be sustained remains to be seen, I'm not saying it won't, but I expect Cambuslang to be a very dangerous side in the group this year.

And we're playing you at your place as well.

Vale of Clyde go decisively to the top of the group with a 4-0 win over East Kilbride Thistle, while Blantyre Victoria and Rutherglen Glencairn fought out a 1-1 draw.

Wednesday night's games :-

Cambuslang Rangers v Blantyre Victoria

Rutherglen Glencairn v East Kilbride Thistle

Going to be a very tight group. I thought we played well in long spells today but we know ourselves plenty of room for improvement. Ek are defo on the up under Wardy good luck to them for the season

Going to be a very tight group. I thought we played well in long spells today but we know ourselves plenty of room for improvement. Ek are defo on the up under Wardy good luck to them for the season

Living in Ek, had a few pints n talking to people fae Ek tonight, starting to think this is a myth. Scott hadden., Ryan Kelly etc all opting to play for EK Amats under ex Ek Thistle players Alan Paterson & Billy Dolan, in Central Scottish League than join up at Wardys revolution. Think your all jumping on the managers p&b reputation n cash cow he had at Cambuslang rather than reality at EK Thistles current budget & pulling power locally.

You dont half talk some pish Stevie. I released Hadden on Friday as hed wanted to "play every week". Ryan refuses to join Thistle ever again after what happened in his previous spell. And someone has got to be asked b4 they can knock it back.

But why let facts get in the way eh !!

As for the rest, usual pish from u.

You dont half talk some pish Stevie. I released Hadden on Friday as hed wanted to "play every week". Ryan refuses to join Thistle ever again after what happened in his previous spell.

One week your in the Ek news gloating about signing the boy from the lowland league, four weeks latter he's chucked it for an amateur team. Every player wants to play every week do they not? Ah didn't get personal wae you, but you know what, canny count how many times I've read on hear how your "turning Ek Thistle around". 2 wins in 13 league, 2 Scottish Cup ties, one WoS & a Sectional Cup tie says different. That's facts for you

One week your in the Ek news gloating about signing the boy from the lowland league, four weeks latter he's chucked it for an amateur team. Every player wants to play every week do they not? Ah didn't get personal wae you, but you know what, canny count how many times I've read on hear how your "turning Ek Thistle around". 2 wins in 13 league, 2 Scottish Cup ties, one WoS & a Sectional Cup tie says different. That's facts for you

The season is only one game old. The time to judge is a couple of months into the league matches.

Living in Ek, had a few pints n talking to people fae Ek tonight, starting to think this is a myth. Scott hadden., Ryan Kelly etc all opting to play for EK Amats under ex Ek Thistle players Alan Paterson & Billy Dolan, in Central Scottish League than join up at Wardys revolution. Think your all jumping on the managers p&b reputation n cash cow he had at Cambuslang rather than reality at EK Thistles current budget & pulling power locally.

'Cash cow at Cambuslang?'

You dont half talk some pish Stevie. I released Hadden on Friday as hed wanted to "play every week". Ryan refuses to join Thistle ever again after what happened in his previous spell. And someone has got to be asked b4 they can knock it back.

I widnae worry aboot wit he says - he probs still oan the brave juice lol

Id love tae see the goals against stats fur the keepers he has been coaching over the past few year lol

EK will defo dae better this yr.

I widnae worry aboot wit he says - he probs still oan the brave juice lolId love tae see the goals against stats fur the keepers he has been coaching over the past few year lolEK will defo dae better this yr.

Know Wardy willnae give a shit what ah say pal. Don't need brave juice to post my opinions, don't hide behind fictional self praising names, and quite proud to coach at junior level instead of someone who's got to pay to watch it and thinks his posts put me down.

Know Wardy willnae give a shit what ah say pal. Don't need brave juice to post my opinions, don't hide behind fictional self praising names, and quite proud to coach at junior level instead of someone who's got to pay to watch it and thinks his posts put me down.

Haha good to see you back on the noise up Mr irvine lol

Wow wtf! I know the resources Wardy had to work with and can 110% confirm my times with Wardy at larkhall and cambuslang boys didn't sign just for the dough. Most of us signed for the gaffer or a friend of a friend was at the club !!! Stevie I don't know you but I can tell you right now I will never bad mouth Wardy. Ek have hugely improved since I last saw them FACT. And Wardy is first to admit its a work in progress.

Archived