Ayr United vs. Greenock Morton

Now with the two cup games out of the way, we can start looking forward to league business. Excited about this game, Ayr is always a good day out and there is usually a good atmosphere. Hopefully we can carry on from the two cup wins and start the season with three points.

2-0 Morton :)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree. Nice away day. Hopefully a nice result.

2-1 Ton

You must be skint with trips to Warsaw, Edinburgh and Ayr in under 2 weeks.

I'm a doom merchant when it comes to Morton these days so no surprise that I expect a home win.

Why do I get the impression that this is one of those games where the Morton support will be a collective, drunken shambles? Every fan I've spoken to seems to be heading down early with the intention of getting absolutely smashed. Pleasing

Why do I get the impression that this is one of those games where the Morton support will be a collective, drunken shambles? Every fan I've spoken to seems to be heading down early with the intention of getting absolutely smashed. Pleasing

This will be the only good thing about the day.

Ayr's squad looks pretty rancid but we're a perennial shambles so no idea how this'll turn out. The only thing we can guarantee is that it'll be turgid shite that makes everyone want to gouge their eyes out.

Away days are back, fucking yas.

Somerset Park is the best away day in the Country (well, on the West Coast anyway), and hopefully with it being the opening day of the season, it will attract a few more travelling fans than usual.

No idea how the game will go so I won't even think about making a prediction, other than the Morton fans to be ratarsed and have a bloody good sing song :thumsup2:guinness

I'd provisionally award it a Shame Game rating of 7/10 - if only because the fanbase isn't fighting itself over how shit our squad is. Yet.

Peterhead on the 23rd is a sure 9/10.

It's an absolute stick on, especially if we lose.

Hopefully all or at least 2 of Barrowman, Mccluskey and Fred are back for this one.

If they are, I'd fancy us. I'd go for;

Gaston.

Oware Crichton Stefan Russell.

Miller Fred

Pepper S.McCluskey McKee.

Barrowman.

Nico.

Kilday.

Lamie.

Hands

J McCluskey.

Allan.

Kabasele

0-2 Away win.

As mentioned above hopefully we have players back from injury for this one. As much as O'Ware done a good job against Berwick up front he isn't a striker so hopefully he isn't leading the line this weekend.

Really looking forward to this! The fitba season is back!! :D

I'll go for 2-1 Morton. McKee & Pepper for us.

Mon Eh Ton!!!

Looking forward to this, driving down so is there anywhere near the stadium to park, Ayr fans?

Gaston

Kilday Milojevic Crighton Allan

Bachirou* Miller

McKee Pepper Russell

Barrowman*/ Kabasele

* If fit.

1-3, McKee, Allan and Pepper. McLaughlin for Ayr.

Looking forward to this, driving down so is there anywhere near the stadium to park, Ayr fans?

Gaston

Kilday Milojevic Crighton Allan

Bachirou* Miller

McKee Pepper Russell

Barrowman*/ Kabasele

* If fit.

1-3, McKee, Allan and Pepper. McLaughlin for Ayr.

Driving down is doing it entirely wrong.

Archived