Queens v Alloa

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baird was onside.

We should be top of the League.

Certainly looks like it. Its also hard to see what the free-kick was for when Alloa hit the bar. It definitely wasnt offside and there doesnt seem to be a clear foul. Obviously, it wasnt a goal, but the ball was only half cleared when the whistle went.

Certainly looks like he was from the position of his feet relative to the defender's when the ball was struck. Never mind. Better to lose a tight decision like that when you are 2-0 up anyway.

Haven't watched the highlights but the law regarding offside is nothing to do with the position of his feet. Any part of his body that is capable of scoring a goal plays him offside.

Haven't watched the highlights but the law regarding offside is nothing to do with the position of his feet. Any part of his body that is capable of scoring a goal plays him offside.

I am well aware of that. Which is why I said what I did, ie that from the position of their feet it looks like he probably is onside. Given the camera is about 40 yards from being in line with him it's not possible to be any more certain than that. But we CAN see that his feet are further away from goal than the last defender's feet and there's no apparent lean towards goal.

I am well aware of that. Which is why I said what I did, ie that from the position of their feet it looks like he probably is onside. Given the camera is about 40 yards from being in line with him it's not possible to be any more certain than that. But we CAN see that his feet are further away from goal than the last defender's feet and there's no apparent lean towards goal.

That's not actually what you said as you mentioned nothing other than his feet being onside. Should have clarified your statement so it wasn't open to misinterpretation by people that don't know the laws :)

I've had a look out of curiosity and I do agree I don't see how he could have been offside as the defender was actually leaning towards goal and the attackers feet looked to be well behind the defenders.

These did dies are talking about striking for a pay-rise?

Archived