Queens v Alloa

I take it no one watched last nights dross on BBC Alba?

I've got the champagne and Brasso looked out already.

:lol:

Both teams did look pretty poor last night. I dont think Rangers will dominate this league in the way some of their fans might think, particularly playing 3-5-2. However, their players should be good enough to make up for McCoists failings as a manager and win the league.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

Both teams did look pretty poor last night. I dont think Rangers will dominate this league in the way some of their fans might think, particularly playing 3-5-2. However, their players should be good enough to make up for McCoists failings as a manager and win the league.

Yeah it's the likely outcome. Bloody hilarious if they f**k it up though.

The dream scenario would be for "the big 3" to steal points from each other and allow ourselves/Falkirk/anyone else to pinch it.

I think I'd even settle for The Rangers being promoted via the playoffs. That in itself would be a big enough fail to produce plenty of "lol @ Rangers" material.

Totally agree with what everyone is saying here.

Success this season would be 4th.

5th or 6th is maybe likelier.

Anything worse would be disappointing and poor.

Obviously, the big 3 really should be able to finish ahead of us over 36 league games. On last night's evidence however, there really shouldn't be too much to fear in a head to head sense against at least two of them.

It could be very interesting, especially if the forthcoming latest financial meltdown for Rangers which has been highlighted today, should come to pass.

On last night's evidence however, there really shouldn't be too much to fear in a head to head sense against at least two of them.

My thoughts as well, yet I have a really bad feeling that the big 3, The Rangers especially, will be given far too much respect in games and teams will set up looking for a point rather than all 3.

I'll be extremely disappointed/raging if we don't look for 3 points in every one of our home games this term. Setting up defensively away from home is a different matter of course, but I don't think we have anything to fear from these 3 at Palmerston at least.

If i had my optimistic head on, 8th. I do think this is optimistic though. Not seen a lot of pre season games, and alothough i believe we have now played 11 games since the end of last season and are yet to be beaten, as has been metioned before we`ve really still to play anyone of this league`s calibre.

I truly hope i`m proved wrong and we can consolidate a place outwith the bottom two though. The first half of last season was great for us and it makes my whole life more enjoyable i think.

Thought about this alot recently, personally I would say a target to begin with would be 9th place finishing above Cowden (or anyone for that matter). Success for me would be finishing 8th or highest of the 3 part time teams. I know alot of fans don't agree and think we should be aiming higher but I think our targets should raise slowly beginning with cementing a championship squad over the next few seasons.

And so it begins.

If Dowie and Baird are fit I would expect them both to start, with the line up the same as last week with the exception of Baird replacing Reilly.

I think Alloa will probably try and keep it tight and would be delighted with a point, but we have enough firepower to see us through.

For me, 3-1 to Queens.

Fairly comfortable win in the end. Alloa had their chances and Clark made a few good saves, but Queens were never under any sustained pressure. Arguably, it was Queens who created the better chances and, obviously, were the more clinical.

Cant say a lot has changed for Alloa, other than having a much worse keeper. Simmons is still shit, McCord is still a thug and Gordon and Cawley are still far too good to be playing for them.

Gordon, though, was lucky to be on the pitch at the end. Should have been booked for taking Reilly out on the edge of the box just a few moments before he actually was booked. Oh, and when did Holmes become a diving cheat?

From Queens point of view, defended ok but lost the battle in the midfield. McShane showed glimpses but faded in and of the game too much. The front four gives us a lot of attacking firepower, which ultimately won the game today, but better teams will punish us.

Fairly comfortable win in the end. Alloa had their chances and Clark made a few good saves, but Queens were never under any sustained pressure. Arguably, it was Queens who created the better chances and, obviously, were the more clinical.

Cant say a lot has changed for Alloa, other than having a much worse keeper. Simmons is still shit, McCord is still a thug and Gordon and Cawley are still far too good to be playing for them.

Gordon, though, was lucky to be on the pitch at the end. Should have been booked for taking Reilly out on the edge of the box just a few moments before he actually was booked. Oh, and when did Holmes become a diving cheat?

From Queens point of view, defended ok but lost the battle in the midfield. McShane showed glimpses but faded in and of the game too much. The front four gives us a lot of attacking firepower, which ultimately won the game today, but better teams will punish us.

Perhaps Holmes has been watching Iain Russell??

Both Gordon and Cawley have played for Alloa for the last 3 full seasons, fairly successful ones which I'm sure they've enjoyed being a part of. Which players should be playing for 'them' if not those two?

Perhaps Holmes has been watching Iain Russell??

I should have put money on someone mentioning Russell :rolleyes:

Holmes certainly won that competition today. 3-0 by my count

Both Gordon and Cawley have played for Alloa for the last 3 full seasons, fairly successful ones which I'm sure they've enjoyed being a part of. Which players should be playing for 'them' if not those two?

Players who arent as good. I thought that was pretty obvious.

No offence to Alloa, but Cawley and Gordon are a mile ahead of the rest of the team (although Holmes has his moments too) I dont think theres anything particularly controversial in saying that they should/could be playing for a better team.

Alloa shaded the chances in the first half. Queens looked a bit shaky until the absolute gift of an opening goal. Even then we didn't seem to settle. Somehow we found ourselves 2 goals up at half time thanks to a cracking counter attack. Special mention to SD for his safe hands catching a sclaffed Holt clearance!

The second half was much more comfortable. We dominated throughout and although we missed several opportunities to extend our lead, we never looked like letting Alloa back into it.

Good to see Alloa at least try and take the game to us unlike the parking the bus tactics of their former manager. It didn't pay off for them as they missed several good chances and ultimately ran out of steam before the hour mark.

Great start for us, with room for improvement all round.

Referee was awfull and the far side (new stand side) "assistant" was even worse .The decision in the first half, to alow play to continue when the Alloa player was 8-10 yards off beggard belief .Higgins booking was a joke,

The fact that the club have allowed a political sign up on the Terregles Street end is pretty poor.

The fact that the club have allowed a political sign up on the Terregles Street end is pretty poor.

??

If its the hoarding for the Scottish Labour Party they pay for it like anyone else and its been there about three seasons.

If you are talking about the respective banners for Better Together and Yes Scotland they each have one side by side on the fence. Seems pretty fair to me.

Archived