Rangers FC v Heart of Midlothian FC

Such confidence.

I've already said that barring admin, Rangers should win it, perhaps comfortably, but the certainty with which you view the future is pretty striking.

Still, it's not as if this kind of hubris has ever been Rangers' undoing before, is it?

I very much fancied our chances until they signed Boyd.......Miller we could live with given his age and what his game is all about (running/energy) but Boyd given the service could see them run away with it.

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I very much fancied our chances until they signed Boyd.......Miller we could live with given his age and what his game is all about (running/energy) but Boyd given the service could see them run away with it.

Yes I agree. It could.

The pundit however, seems certain Rangers are going to win pretty much every game against sides other than you and Hibs. Again, he might be proved right, but I don't think he's any right to be quite so sure just yet.

Not that big on the old endearing humility.

You think the fans will PATG on a game by game basis in similar numbers to last season then or that the share issue will be successful?

I think attendances may unfortunately be around 35k but with the increase in ticket prices it shouldn't be too much of a drop in income, if any at all. And the games against Hibs and Hearts will be 45k-50k.

Hopefully the share issue will be successful, which I expect it to be.

Such confidence.

I've already said that barring admin, Rangers should win it, perhaps comfortably, but the certainty with which you view the future is pretty striking.

Still, it's not as if this kind of hubris has ever been Rangers' undoing before, is it?

It's not really "confidence" as such, I'm just being realistic. I think saying Hearts would struggle to match Rangers for consistency in 36 games is a fair comment. I'm sure most Hearts fans would agree it will be a difficult task.

I think attendances may unfortunately be around 35k but with the increase in ticket prices it shouldn't be too much of a drop in income, if any at all. And the games against Hibs and Hearts will be 45k-50k.

It's not really "confidence" as such, I'm just being realistic. I think saying Hearts would struggle to match Rangers for consistency in 36 games is a fair comment. I'm sure most Hearts fans would agree it will be a difficult task.

I'm surprised you think people will invest in the shares.....who? Fans? External investors? I find the later hard to understand tbh.

Whilst I agree with you saying Hearts possibly lacking consistency I think MT was possibly referring to you guys having to match the consistency shown in the last 2 seasons against full time teams this coming season.......it's a step up from the part timers and as shown in the cups Rangers have struggled when faced with this challenge.

1) I'm surprised you think people will invest in the shares.....who? Fans? External investors? I find the later hard to understand tbh.

2) Whilst I agree with you saying Hearts possibly lacking consistency I think MT was possibly referring to you guys having to match the consistency shown in the last 2 seasons against full time teams this coming season.......it's a step up from the part timers and as shown in the cups Rangers have struggled when faced with this challenge.

1) I don't know. :)

2) Rangers won't match the consistency of the League One campaign. The teams in this league are far better than League One but I would still expect winning runs of 5, 6, 7 matches. Plus, in the cup games we had against Championship opposition we went to Falkirk and won 2-0 and went to Queen of the South and won 3-0. The "step up" in quality still wasn't enough to cause Rangers too many problems. If Rangers lose any more than 5 games this season I'd be very surprised.

Do Hearts fans have any requests for us for tuesday's game? A player getting injured or a sending off?

I very much recall the "don't give a f**k" attitiude that I used to have whenever this fixture came along. That might change over the coming league fixtures, but for now I'm going to embrace the ole' nostalgia.

No arguments on the consistency basis. If there is to be any chance of being in with a shout, it will very much come down to how we deal with games when we're not getting the rub of the green.

I very much recall the "don't give a f**k" attitiude that I used to have whenever this fixture came along. That might change over the coming league fixtures, but for now I'm going to embrace the ole' nostalgia.

No arguments on the consistency basis. If there is to be any chance of being in with a shout, it will very much come down to how we deal with games when we're not getting the rub of the green.

It's all about consistency now. And if we are competing with the The Rangers come the business end of the season we won't get any green to rub the beaks will see to that!

1) I don't know. :)

2) Rangers won't match the consistency of the League One campaign. The teams in this league are far better than League One but I would still expect winning runs of 5, 6, 7 matches. Plus, in the cup games we had against Championship opposition we went to Falkirk and won 2-0 and went to Queen of the South and won 3-0. The "step up" in quality still wasn't enough to cause Rangers too many problems. If Rangers lose any more than 5 games this season I'd be very surprised.

Granted you did run out fairly comfortable winners that night at Palmerston but the score line didn't reflect the play. 1-0 and a tight game until our skipper sold the jerseys and on the night all three goals were set pieces. Think you will find it tougher this year and hopefully a good tight league most of season and some healthy visiting supports.

Spotted this, passing it on

From the Hearts club site -

Important supporter information: Rangers (a)

Heart of Midlothian FC would like to address an issue that may have affected a small number of fans who have purchased tickets for the season-opener at Ibrox.

Ads by Rubicon Project

Due to a miscommunication on the part of Rangers, some Hearts supporters who have bought tickets in the BF5 section of the Broomloan Stand have been overcharged by £1.

Those affected will be in possession of either an adult, O65s or U18s ticket. U16s tickets have not been affected.

The club would like to apologise for this inconvenience and it will refund those supporters affected by this oversight.

Fans with tickets in BF5 will be contacted by the club in the coming days in order to confirm details and arrange refunds.

Granted you did run out fairly comfortable winners that night at Palmerston but the score line didn't reflect the play. 1-0 and a tight game until our skipper sold the jerseys and on the night all three goals were set pieces. Think you will find it tougher this year and hopefully a good tight league most of season and some healthy visiting supports.

Add in the fact that at the time of the fixture we were in terrible form, while Rangers had started brightly, having got their new signings available after the comedy display at Forfar.

Hopefully we'll not be as hopeless this season as were for the first quarter of the last one.

hearts fans are deluded , we may be a financial mess right now but nothing but a rangers win will do . relegation last season and new squad it seems also this year indicates to me youse need time to gel (or sack craig levein). Besides boyd scores frequently against the lesser teams. rangers 3-0 hearts (boyd hatrick)

Yeah, it was 1-0 for quite a while until the eventual Queen of the South collapse late in the game. The same thing happened at Falkirk until Templeton made it 2-0 in the 90th minute. Both were close matches but Rangers were the better team in both and never conceded a goal.

Hopefully the likes of Falkirk, Raith, Dumbarton etc have improved as Rangers need them to able to provide a tough challenge for Hearts. If those teams are good, it'll realistically be Hearts who'd drop points more often.

Yeah, it was 1-0 for quite a while until the eventual Queen of the South collapse late in the game. The same thing happened at Falkirk until Templeton made it 2-0 in the 90th minute. Both were close matches but Rangers were the better team in both and never conceded a goal.

Hopefully the likes of Falkirk, Raith, Dumbarton etc have improved as Rangers need them to able to provide a tough challenge for Hearts. If those teams are good, it'll realistically be Hearts who'd drop points more often.

People see things differently and I know you have the rangers tinted glasses on and I don't but in the game at Palmerston I thought it was a fairly even game where we gave as good as we got and a different ref could of seen the Moshni shoulder as an arm and given pen and red. We also had a number of good chances where bell made good saves. Doesn't change the outcome though but like I say would like to hope we do ourselves justice like the cup final and challenge cup game.

Archived