Rangers FC v Heart of Midlothian FC

In before someone tries the ever hilarious 'The Rangers' banter in the title.

Really looking forward to playing Rangers again, in a bizarre way I've really missed feeling the buzz of playing at ibrox knowing everyone inside fucking hates you.

On paper both teams are starting to look like they could be aiming for a decent finish in the premiership rather than the championship so should be a decent game. Miller and Boyd are obviously the ones that could make a difference, if both are on form then I don't think there is any team that could handle them in this league, I fancy our chances though given our new look team.

McGhee at right back is a worry, but apart from that we've strengthened in every area of the pitch, barring maybe the goalkeeper. Can't wait to see Buaben and Gomis together against a good team, as well as Sow.

One week til the New season, bring it fucking on. 8)

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder if moshni will be suspended?

Scott Robinson's red in pre-season was

reported and led to a ban so if there's any consistency Moshni should be banned.

Having said that I actually hope he's available, he's absolutely pony.

Scott Robinson's red in pre-season was

reported and led to a ban so if there's any consistency Moshni should be banned.

Having said that I actually hope he's available, he's absolutely pony.

He is pony but he's keeping someone out the team that must be worse!

Wonder if moshni will be suspended?

Could well be but McCoist has alternated the central defence in pre-season so he may not have started the match anyway.

Lee Wallace could miss the game after limping off against Derby County yesterday and that's my main concern for the defence.

I reckon both teams would be happy with a point. It's the games against the others teams which are most important for Hearts and Rangers.

Could well be but McCoist has alternated the central defence in pre-season so he may not have started the match anyway.

Lee Wallace could miss the game after limping off against Derby County yesterday and that's my main concern for the defence.

I reckon both teams would be happy with a point. It's the games against the others teams which are most important for Hearts and Rangers.

Interesting to read you'd be happy with a point, being away from home I'd be pretty happy with a draw. I would've thought you'd be pretty confident given your strike force.

I think it'll be a Rangers, Hearts one and two this season and like you say consistently beating the rest is key.

I think you said that in another thread......I think you're right.....the key will be if Hearts can match Rangers consistency......which has always been the concern on the rare occassions we put together a title run in the top league.....sadly we always during my lifetime we've fallen short! :(

I think you said that in another thread......I think you're right.....the key will be if Hearts can match Rangers consistency......which has always been the concern on the rare occassions we put together a title run in the top league.....sadly we always during my lifetime we have! :(

Yeah, I'd be happy with a point in every match against Hearts. And then just hope the other teams trip them up.

Of course, 12 points from games against Hearts would help but the deciding factor will be the consistency across 36 games.

Hearts are going to have to go on long winning runs to keep up. Might be a step too far.

That said, they've put a good enough team together to win against the likes of the Ross County's, Partick Thistle's, Dundee's etc in the playoffs anyway.

Both Rangers and Hearts will be in the Premiership next season. :)

Yeah, I'd be happy with a point in every match against Hearts. And then just hope the other teams trip them up.

Of course, 12 points from games against Hearts would help but the deciding factor will be the consistency across 36 games.

Hearts are going to have to go on long winning runs to keep up. Might be a step too far.

That said, they've put a good enough team together to win against the likes of the Ross County's, Partick Thistle's, Dundee's etc in the playoffs anyway.

Both Rangers and Hearts will be in the Premiership next season. :)

I ask this desperately not wanting to turn this thread into a mini BRALT but do you think "off the field" issues might hamper your team at some point this season?

I ask this desperately not wanting to turn this thread into a mini BRALT but do you think "off the field" issues might hamper your team at some point this season?

I don't. :)

But it could well be a problem at some point.

A low probability though, I reckon.

I don't. :)

But it could well be a problem at some point.

A low probability though, I reckon.

You think the fans will PATG on a game by game basis in similar numbers to last season then or that the share issue will be successful?

Such confidence.

I've already said that barring admin, Rangers should win it, perhaps comfortably, but the certainty with which you view the future is pretty striking.

Still, it's not as if this kind of hubris has ever been Rangers' undoing before, is it?

Archived