Rangers FC v Heart of Midlothian FC

Have you ever heard the expression 'two wrongs don't make a right'?

After every goal i can remember seeing the referee waits for the team that scores to get back in position.

Brilliant. :lol:

No.8 has an utterly laughable excuse for every situation, it really is quite admirable in a strange way.

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you ever heard the expression 'two wrongs don't make a right'?

After every goal i can remember seeing the referee waits for the team that scores to get back in position.

Against your old team who held some sway, that might have been the case. Your new team are irrelevant. Get used to it.

We weren't ready really is a brilliant, brilliant excuse and I think they deserve some credit for coming up with it.

Traditionally, this is what wee boys say when beaten at something. It exists in the language for adults only as a sort of comedy excuse, to be used only in irony when actually admitting you were well beaten.

But these guys mean it!

:lol:

What other childhood excuses might they come out with in future games, I wonder?

Do the rules require all of the opposition to be in position before a restart? Do managers require to give gps co-ordinates of their player's starting position?

Is it possible that Rangers fucked up an attempt at time wasting and Hearts' players were just too fast for them?

I always thought that if all players were in their respective halves and the opposition out of the centre circle then a kick off was legal.

Nobody is disputing that...Not read McCoists comments too closely. I am past caring what he is saying this morning. What i am saying is every time i have seen a game restarted the referee waits until ALL players are back in position. The German clip is a shocker and i am sure you would be furious if it went against your team.

The camera doesn't get the restart..Rangers players were all over the place...Game was restarted and they broke down our right...players obviously tried to stop the attack but it was too late and they scored.

As for time wasting...are you being serious?

At the first Hearts goals the Rangers players were kept waiting an age to restart. The referee , rightly waited, until they were back in position.

At the kick off you will see most times referees asking the Keeprs if they are ready. Not sure this is a written law or just a courtesy.

What i do know is if it happened against Hearts and we had kicked off after their first goal when we were ready there would be uproar on here. Then again Templeton would probably have fucked it up anyway

TBH i am not that upset about it. I was just agreeing with McCoist that the game was restarted before one team were not in position. If you think that is fair enough then that's fine. Personally i don't and wouldn't want to see it happen again.

I was more upset with Rangers overall performance and that of our manager.

Have you ever heard the expression 'This takes straw-clutching to an all-time low' ?

Pathetic. Sevco fans are, generally speaking, a bunch of vacuous, entitled arseholes. You were beaten fair and square so shut your hole FFS and get on with your sad wee life.

(End of rant.) :huh:

Fair and square? So you don't think both Hearts full backs should have been off? Both committed 4 fouls AFTER being booked. You don't think Neilsons comments in the paper had anything to do with this?

By the way, No.8 the referee waits until every player is in their own half before he allows kick-off.

Absolutely nothing to do with allowing players to get into position.

My prediction of radioactive No.8 bumsting comes to fruition.

Pleasing.

Fair and square? So you don't think both Hearts full backs should have been off? Both committed 4 fouls AFTER being booked. You don't think Neilsons comments in the paper had anything to do with this?

So fucking what ? Us Diddites have been putting up with this standard of officiating for donkeys, especially against the arsecheeks. Get used to it.

Welcome to the real world, you pothunting b'stard. :P

Just remembered a Hibs v. Celtic game at ER back in the days of Tony Mowbray......Bobo Balde spent most of the game clattering anything in a Hibs shirt and Alan Freeland (remember that useless, spineless shitbag of a ref ?) let him off with murder. Eventually, TBITB had to flash a yellow card after Balde went straight through Steven Fletcher from behind. However, one minute later Balde commits the exact same foul on the same player right under Freeland's nose.

Result ? Freeland waves play on and Fletcher had to be taken off.

Twas ever thus against the OF and it now appears they don't like it up 'em..... :1eye

Going back a while, but in my younger days when I was a regular at Celtic Park I remember my uncle taking me to an Old Firm game and the ref restarting the game while most of the Celtic team were still celebrating a goal. I'm certain John Collins was the goalscorer and I think it was during the Liam Brady season. Pretty sure Rangers were 4 on 2 when the whistle was blown and the rest of the Celtic team were in front of the jungle.

I've also seen it happen on a couple of occasions in the juniors.

If Danny Wilson was as big a pissflap as the rangers players Ricky Foster would've been off for his legbreaker when he landed arse first atop Wilsons shin in a ludicrous attempt at a tackle.

Luckily for The Championships Third Force, Danny Wilson is a Gent and never even bothered going down and opted to laugh at the awful footballer that is Richard Foster.

^Gerry Evans from Bishopbriggs.

First post of the day :)

FFS the orcs aren't taking this defeat too well are they ? No8 ? quite happy to post shite & pish when the errors go in his new clubs favour but don't take it too well when it goes against his club even when the rules were applied correctly :lol:

Debt ridden club 1 - debt free club 2 :D

Thank you Hearts for this most glorious of occasions 8)

The rules ... all complied with ... THE END.

The ref was probably trying to restart the game quickly so the Teddies could make use of their overwhelming fire-power and super-duper baldy strike force to score another before the end of added time.

Archived