Rangers FC v Heart of Midlothian FC

Everything that is wrong with Rangers at the moment was highlighted today.

The sooner McCoist goes the better - if it wasn't for the events of 2012 there is absolutely nae danger he would still be here.

Fair to play Hearts though - but thank f*ck I have this week off and I don't have to face the die hard Jambos in my work tomorrow!

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Been some week for them. Thought Chuckie Green's return and UEFA booting out Legia was hilarious for them seething but this is the icing on the cake.

Stirling Albion took 5 points off THE Tribute Act. How many teams will beat that this season? Quite a few on this evidence.

if only the Hearts winner had lifted up his shirt to reveal a Palestinian flag.

Sorry son, but we beat the best team Rangers could put on the park. End of story. No-one ever mentions the fact that we had to cope with injuries and suspensions on the day.

Of course you did, where did I say otherwise? I'm just highlighting your ridiculous suggestion that one extra-time win against a weakened Rangers side in the context of an unbeaten league campaign means that the Championship - and playing against the likes of Hearts, Hibs and Falkirk - is not a big step up is utterly crazy.

Rangers have now played eleven matches against full-time opposition since reformation in 2012. They have won five of them - Falkirk x 3, Queen of the South and Motherwell. They've lost to Dundee United x 2, Inverness Caley Thistle, Queen of the South, Raith Rovers and Hearts.

Given they have had at least 20 times the budget of these sides (aside from United and Hearts I guess, we'll generally say they have 5 times their budget) - is there a club in world football performing more poorly than Rangers? This is a genuine question. You could maybe have argued Queens Park Rangers if they hadn't won their play-off final. I can't think of any others.

Darren McGregor at right back. Oh, Ally. :(

Neil McCann was roasting McGregor on sky for not being in the right place after he came on.

Surely this is the managers fault? Why did it take him so long to make the sub after the goal? Was he stuffing his face with steak bakes in celebration? That change should have been made before the ball was even on the centre circle. To wait so long and do it seconds before Hearts kicked off was criminal.

Rangers have now played eleven matches against full-time opposition since reformation in 2012. They have won five of them - Falkirk x 3, Queen of the South and Motherwell. They've lost to Dundee United x 2, Inverness Caley Thistle, Queen of the South, Raith Rovers and Hearts.

Given they have had at least 20 times the budget of these sides (aside from United and Hearts I guess, we'll generally say they have 5 times their budget) - is there a club in world football performing more poorly than Rangers? This is a genuine question. You could maybe have argued Queens Park Rangers if they hadn't won their play-off final. I can't think of any others.

I agree with you but they also played Dunfermline five times last season.

You beat them (AET) in a match when they couldn't play any of their new signings, aside from that they went unbeaten in the league, to claim it's not a big step up from hammering the likes of Airdrie 6-0 to playing teams like Hearts and Hibs is mental.

More to the point the original comment was about the step up from league one to the championship as opposed to the League cup.

Rangers still, of course, run the risk of being given another 180 minute ordeal at Station Park this season.

I agree with you but they also played Dunfermline five times last season.

I forgot they were full-time last season. Add four victories against Dunfermline's youth team. Which leaves a now sterling record of 9/16 victories over full-time teams. They'll maybe make the play-offs after all.

Won that without getting out of 1st gear,the Rangers could be on a few hidings this season.

Glad it's not just me who thought that, I actually didn't think we played very well, which must be a bigger worry for Rangers as we still nabbed the 3 points in their own back yard.

Let's give Ally a bit of leeway, here. The players know he is a total tosspot. What other manager would you expect to see stand on the touchline with his arms folded, never making a sound during the whole match? If the players can't see he is totally devoid of ideas then they shouldn't be playing professional football. It is about time the players took matters into their own hands and made their own tactics. Hell, they get paid enough for doing very little! How can you expect Ally to devote himself to tactics for the pittance he is getting. He merely gets paid for not walking away; any other scenario would send the club back into administration. :lol:

Today for me highlighted what a shambles Rangers are at the moment and all piss taking aside, it showed the night and day difference between what a club should and shouldn't do. Hearts have been in massive financial difficulties and dropped out the top league so are in a similar position to Rangers. Hearts have sorted their debt, cut their spending and layed off all big earners, they then have brought in a management team to build a team from youth with a few experienced players to help them and no doubt have started scouting young players. While Rangers have tried to spend their way out of trouble which may well work or may not but it could bankrupt them again, unfortunatly Rangers have forced themselves down this path when they made Ally their hero and made him nearly impossible to sack he is not capable of doing whta Hearts are doing or even doing it on a budget like Gretna did he has bought a Ferrari to win a Go Cart race. what Rangers do next is the mystery stick or twist? but for me they have wasted the chance to build a good team from youngsters and wasted two years while burning money now they have to go up at all costs.

Let's give Ally a bit of leeway, here. The players know he is a total tosspot. What other manager would you expect to see stand on the touchline with his arms folded, never making a sound during the whole match? If the players can't see he is totally devoid of ideas then they shouldn't be playing professional football. It is about time the players took matters into their own hands and made their own tactics. Hell, they get paid enough for doing very little! How can you expect Ally to devote himself to tactics for the pittance he is getting. He merely gets paid for not walking away; any other scenario would send the club back into administration. :lol:

wut.gif

Normally I would agree, 'but', these are men that were stupid enough to sign for them.

Either way, they are fooked.

This will probably the first season they might need to do that, but why should they?

If I was being overpaid to be average at my job and everyone ignored my efforts and had a go at my boss, I wouldn't be bailing him out!

Archived