Shettleston pre season

the town

Shettleston 4 Broxburn 1

Troon 2 Shettleston 1

Shettleston 2 shotts 0

Auchinleck 1 Shettleston 2

Shettleston 3 Clydebank 3

Town pre season results. Well done lads carry it into season now.

Very impressive stats. It should give the team a lot of confidence for the forthcoming season. All the best.

Before I get roasted, I know it's pre-season and means not a jot, but your schedule was a real hard ask and your lads did the business.

We can only play what's in front of us you telling me these teams lie down in friendlies?

No but they do have players on holiday, trialists playing, try out different formations etc.

Well done on some decent results but friendly results mean hee-haw and have no bearing on how a team will do in the forthcoming season

Not yet ... I really cant see how it would work anyroad. Doesnt seem to be enough space ... unless the pitch would be tiny.

The wee stand is really smart btw ... good things seem to be happening at Greenfield

They have knocked down the area where the covered enclosure was at the changing room side, and I assume that is so they can extend the pitch that way and at the other end towards the railway. I think the idea is to turn the pitch 90 degrees, hence the work they have done at the social club end which would become one side of the pitch for viewing. Once the pitch is turned, they could work on the other sides, and sell off the remaining land for housing or whatever. I think that's the plan anyway,

Yeah can see the idea behind there but even with that it does look like there's not be enough room on either side dueto road and railway ... just an impression. It would leave space as you say for development at the end where presumably that's been done before ... just cant see how it'd be fitted it

Archived