League Cup Round 2

Ludo*1

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In one respect that's not too bad of draw, we could get a result if st mirren don't perform /rotate the squad a bit. However the likelihood is we will lose and we won't get a big payout to soften the blow.

Question about the draw process, am I right in thinking that home/away is not random? If so can't they come up with a better process?

Happy enough with the draw. Never been to St Mirren Park before and I think we'll give a good account of ourselves. St Mirren are clear favourites but I wouldn't say we've got no chance. Play to our best and we'll give them a good game, imo.

Not sure what the crowd will be though - what kind of home support would we be looking at?

Question about the draw process, am I right in thinking that home/away is not random? If so can't they come up with a better process?

They alternate the home team between seeds and non seeds each tie. I am sure someone brighter than me can confirm what impact there is on statistical chances for each side. Presumably if there is an even number of ties you have exactly the same chance of a home draw as you would have had in an open draw. As there were 11 ties in this round you had a better than 50% chance of a home draw if you were seeded and lower than 50% of you were unseeded.

They alternate the home team between seeds and non seeds each tie. I am sure someone brighter than me can confirm what impact there is on statistical chances for each side. Presumably if there is an even number of ties you have exactly the same chance of a home draw as you would have had in an open draw. As there were 11 ties in this round you had a better than 50% chance of a home draw if you were seeded and lower than 50% of you were unseeded.

Yea that's what I thought, but their isn't too much reason for it not to be a truly random draw, beyond the draw taking slightly longer.

It may be slightly less than 50-50 at the start of the draw, but at the end of the draw its more dramatic, in a open draw it would have been 50-50 for either of the final two sides to be at home, but it's already decided the way it's done.

I'm actually happy with that. Despite our last two results in Greenock I always enjoy visiting assuming I'm in the Wee Dublin End and it's not pouring down. What date will these fixtures be played?

Archived