Cowdenbeath v Falkirk August 9

We've regularly relied on one scorer the last few seasons.

2011/12:

Farid 28

Millar 9

Higginbotham 8

Dods 8

Alston6

2012/2013

Taylor 29

Murdoch 6

Weatherston 5

Alston 5

Higgins 4 (Now at Cowden)

2013/14

Loy 21

Alston 7

Miilar 6

Roberts 5

A risky strategy, but one that has worked quite well. I think the young players will chip in with more this season though

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a stock car track, not speedway. And if you've never been to the stockies, it's worth a visit. Great fun.

There was suggestion last season that the Blue Brazil (seems like an insult post 7-1) were getting an artificial pitch. I can't see how that would work with the aforementioned stock cars, as I thought they would destroy it, Any update?

Oh yeah - shit ground no fans etc etc

A grant is available for a pitch but i heard the townies have also applied for funding for a pitch from the same source so who knows how much is available. You're right that the stockies would probably obliterate it though.

We've regularly relied on one scorer the last few seasons.

2011/12:

Farid 28

Millar 9

Higginbotham 8

Dods 8

Alston6

2012/2013

Taylor 29

Murdoch 6

Weatherston 5

Alston 5

Higgins 4 (Now at Cowden)

2013/14

Loy 21

Alston 7

Miilar 6

Roberts 5

A risky strategy, but one that has worked quite well. I think the young players will chip in with more this season though

Very true, I think that'll change this season though, as it looks like we'll be playing with 2 up front against the smaller teams. Also, I think we can expect a fair few goals from McGrandles this season, if the role he's been playing in pre-season/vs the Shire is anything to go by.

What interests me is where Sibbs is going to fit in when he returns? I think it'll have to be out wide, as he doesn't have the attributes to rotate with Taiwo/Ollie and he's not a striker obviously. I don't think that bodes well for him as he's never looked very comfortable out wide to me.

We all like to play football managers, and it's early days yet to be making any kind of judgments. But this is a fitba forum, with lots of ideas from people who are passionate about our wee club. I thought the passion in the players when we defied the odds at the end of last season and on the very last day swept the Townies off the park was fantastic. It had a lot to do with the fact that we had a good formation, and players knew what was expected of them. We had players like Robbo, Milne and O'Brien playing in their right positions - at last we had a midfield that tackled like tigers and - especially Milne - supplied the front two who outplayed and bullied the Pars defence.

The big problem confronting the manager, though, is that that superb front two are gone. We're going to have to get more goals from midfield, and I guess that is why Jimmy is still experimenting. I worry, though, that tinkering too much with the shape will lose the momentum of the triumphant end to last season. I'm also not sure we have the players to match whatever Jimmy has in his mind. We need to hit the ground running in these opening four games, or we'll end up playing catch-up in a challenging league. This is where the manager has to earn his corn. The players need to take the field on Saturday in a formation that matches the squad we have, and is therefore confident enough to take on allcomers. Whatever the decisions, we need to get behind the players and manager from the first kick of the ball.

A grant is available for a pitch but i heard the townies have also applied for funding for a pitch from the same source so who knows how much is available. You're right that the stockies would probably obliterate it though.

Cowdenbeath were awarded a £200,000 grant towards a new 3G pitch the availability of which expires on 31st March 2015. Any Dunfermline application is irrelevant in respect of the already agreed sum for CFC.

Thought he was pretty good last season as well. Would rather have alston though.

lol

Hopefully Sibbald is able to start on Saturday and Loy is fully fit.

MacDonald

Maybury

Vaulks

McCracken

Dick

Taiwo

McGrandles

Alston

Sibbald

Loy

Cooper

lol

Hopefully Sibbald is able to start on Saturday and Loy is fully fit.

MacDonald

Maybury

Vaulks

McCracken

Dick

Taiwo

McGrandles

Alston

Sibbald

Loy

Cooper

Wouldn't pick Maybury looks really slow and awkward when he tried to run, ends up having to foul players to stop them, think he might be a red card waiting to happen against a quick opposition

Archived