Cowdenbeath v Falkirk August 9

Season opener and what a place to do it - a speedway track.

Can't wait myself. I know we've played the Shire and have Montrose this weekend, but this is the real start.

We've half a new team and a new manager too.

Plenty to get your teeth into.

What's new down Central Park way lads?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets get it out of the way lads. Your phrases for Cowden bingo this week.

Shit stadium

No fans

Tattie field

Fucking fence

Pub team

No place in senior football

No Hemmings or Stewart

Relegation guaranteed

I have to tell you though we have a front-runner that jumped the gun by an hour so you need to get moving to win.

Tbf both DD and CTID could have an argument in an empty room. The chances of a football related discussion breaking out on this thread is slim.

I will wait til after the Montrose game to decide what team I'd like to see us play. We definitely need to get another striker signed though.

Yep, there is no chance of that happening. Although we have a decent list of outgoings, most weren't around for the whole season

Out

McGovern

Kingsley

Chalmers (Jan-May)

Flynn

Fulton (Aug - Jan)

Millar (Nov-May)

Roberts (Aug-Mar)

Beck (Jan-May)

In

MacDonald

Maybury

Grant

Taiwo

Cooper

McGovern was a class act for us, but MacDonald will be a great replacement. Beginning to look that way with Taiwo for Millar as well.

Liam Dick (another promising fullback from our academy) will take Kingsley's left back slot. Looks good considering Kingsley had already had two years of first team football at his age.

Beck is definitely no great loss but we still need another striker to partner/act as back up for Loy.

Still, the rest of the team will be exactly the same as last season, Vaulks and McCracken at the back, Sibbald, McGrandles and Alston in midfield with Loy up top.

Fylnn was back up to Vaulks and McCracken, Grant and McGeever will have that role this season.

Cooper looks good and will replace the pace we lost from the side when Roberts was punted.

Our young players are another year older. Most now have over 100 games for the first team and are tied down on long contracts.

We also have a few more young players around the team this season who didn't play much last season, the likes of Scott Shepherd (really like the look of him), Ollie, Liam Rowan and Botti Biabi (as well as Liam Dick). There are others who are returning from injury that missed most of last season, such as Thomas Grant and Kieran Duffie.

And of course, we have Houstie :wub:

ETA; 4th is an extremely realistic expectation for us, and I can see us finishing above Hibs as well

I think its great you continue to bring youngsters into the team. Something we have had alot of success with and hope we can continue to do so.

You will be glad to know the surface has improved here and the pitch widened and now complies with dimensions required for the championship.

Seems both teams currently struggling upfront. Maybe more attackers to arrive before this fixture.

Yep, there is no chance of that happening. Although we have a decent list of outgoings, most weren't around for the whole season

Out

McGovern

Kingsley

Chalmers (Jan-May)

Flynn

Fulton (Aug - Jan)

Millar (Nov-May)

Roberts (Aug-Mar)

Beck (Jan-May)

In

MacDonald

Maybury

Grant

Taiwo

Cooper

McGovern was a class act for us, but MacDonald will be a great replacement. Beginning to look that way with Taiwo for Millar as well.

Liam Dick (another promising fullback from our academy) will take Kingsley's left back slot. Looks good considering Kingsley had already had two years of first team football at his age.

Beck is definitely no great loss but we still need another striker to partner/act as back up for Loy.

Still, the rest of the team will be exactly the same as last season, Vaulks and McCracken at the back, Sibbald, McGrandles and Alston in midfield with Loy up top.

Fylnn was back up to Vaulks and McCracken, Grant and McGeever will have that role this season.

Cooper looks good and will replace the pace we lost from the side when Roberts was punted.

Our young players are another year older. Most now have over 100 games for the first team and are tied down on long contracts.

We also have a few more young players around the team this season who didn't play much last season, the likes of Scott Shepherd (really like the look of him), Ollie, Liam Rowan and Botti Biabi (as well as Liam Dick). There are others who are returning from injury that missed most of last season, such as Thomas Grant and Kieran Duffie.

ETA; 4th is an extremely realistic expectation for us, and I can see us finishing above Hibs as well

I don't really think you'll do a Morton. I reckon you'll be scrapping with QoS for the final playoff spot.

Decent summary. I think Millar will be your biggest loss. He ran the show in the games he played against us last season so I'm glad he's gone. Saw Shepherd and Dick in the playoffs last season. Neither set the heather alight but both looked good prospects. Dick is way behind Kingsley who will be another big loss for you.

Tbf both DD and CTID could have an argument in an empty room. The chances of a football related discussion breaking out on this thread is slim.

Considering your first post on the thread was about bovril I assume you'll see the irony in your post.

This is a game we have to be looking to win.

Out

McGovern

Kingsley

Chalmers (Jan-May)

Flynn

Fulton (Aug - Jan)

Millar (Nov-May)

Roberts (Aug-Mar)

Beck (Jan-May)

In

MacDonald

Maybury

Grant

Taiwo

Cooper

What! a well-argued post about football! What do you think this is?

Season opener and what a place to do it - a speedway track.

Can't wait myself. I know we've played the Shire and have Montrose this weekend, but this is the real start.

We've half a new team and a new manager too.

Plenty to get your teeth into.

What's new down Central Park way lads?

It's a stock car track, not speedway. And if you've never been to the stockies, it's worth a visit. Great fun.

There was suggestion last season that the Blue Brazil (seems like an insult post 7-1) were getting an artificial pitch. I can't see how that would work with the aforementioned stock cars, as I thought they would destroy it, Any update?

Oh yeah - shit ground no fans etc etc

The stock cars are not great fun. They go round and round and the average IQ of the spectators is about 5. They are the definition of inbred.

I really have no idea what to expect from us this season. Our two recently signed strikers could be good or could be hopeless. No one really knows. JN has taken big risks with his signings so hopefully is pays off. Falkirk have a poor record in recent years at Central Park (I remember them scudding us in the league cup a few years back - how things have changed). They will have an over reliance on Loy for goals this season and that will see them struggle to make top 4.

I think it will be a pretty poor crowd for an opening fixture.

Considering your first post on the thread was about bovril I assume you'll see the irony in your post.

This is a game we have to be looking to win.

It was a joke about how these threads immediately immediately turn in to tit-for-tat arguments (which you are one of the main culprits of initiating btw)

I'm not a fan of it though, and it's the same at Starks. I reckon it's the polystyrene cups that are used, rather than the proper plastic ones. Just makes it taste funny.

Can we at least keep the discussion football related til shortly after the match?

I see you've punted that truly awful keeper you had. Stewart and Hemmings will be massive losses though. What to you guys think is a realistic expectation for Cowdenbeath this season?

It was a joke about how these threads immediately immediately turn in to tit-for-tat arguments (which you are one of the main culprits of initiating btw)

I'm not a fan of it though, and it's the same at Starks. I reckon it's the polystyrene cups that are used, rather than the proper plastic ones. Just makes it taste funny.

Can we at least keep the discussion football related til shortly after the match?

I see you've punted that truly awful keeper you had. Stewart and Hemmings will be massive losses though. What to you guys think is a realistic expectation for Cowdenbeath this season?

7 points off falkirk for starters.

Archived