Lowland League Ground Hop

Rab B Nesbit

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right then ive selfishly criticized these hoppers without knowing them but have given them praise as well.

Can anyone confirm who these people are ?

How many they bring and spend at clubs ?

Do clubs share gate receipts ?

Genuine questions im all for clubs benefiting?

Just to say Rab B & me went doon your way on Good Friday. Rab driving of course and me drinking;-)

We saw 3 games in the Northern League. All clubs with average gates 100 just like WW.

First, North Shields at 11am. They were getting presented with their league trophy I have to say, but the crowd was 1300.

Next, Whitley Bay at 2pm. Crowd 600.

Last, Ashington, 6.30. Crowd 600.

Not to mention the places were all going like a fair with pies, beer, programmes, badges etc. ask Rab how much he spent;-)

North Shields printed 250 programmes and they sold out before kickoff.

Just to say Rab B & me went doon your way on Good Friday. Rab driving of course and me drinking;-)We saw 3 games in the Northern League. All clubs with average gates 100 just like WW.First, North Shields at 11am. They were getting presented with their league trophy I have to say, but the crowd was 1300.Next, Whitley Bay at 2pm. Crowd 600.Last, Ashington, 6.30. Crowd 600.Not to mention the places were all going like a fair with pies, beer, programmes, badges etc. ask Rab how much he spent;-)North Shields printed 250 programmes and they sold out before kickoff.

well aware ye were doon that weekend and its popularity but al say again it was a bank holiday doon here.

Boxing day fixtures attract them attendances as well.

Bank hols are totally different in England compared to Scotland!

P.s north shields are up there wi the best in the league after their promotion last season ;)

• 1 month later...

I was at Wimbledon last night and was talking to a couple of ground hoppers who run the big badge stall there. Apparently 3 bus loads already booked so there should be good numbers coming up. It's proving popular being the first of its kind in Scotland and with most ground hops down South involving a much lower standard than the Lowland League.

• 1 month later...
Are you not going to make it up Newky ... driving straight back to the middle of our nations fine capital if any use?

Last train from Edinburgh to Newcastle Friday night is 2100.

Working very early Saturday morning.

as do most Saturdays, start early=earlier finish.

how ye think I manage as many games ?

Why do you think I've been so grumpy on this thread ?

Hope the pennies finally dropped

cheers anyway ;)

Last train from Edinburgh to Newcastle Friday night is 2100.Working very early Saturday morning.as do most Saturdays, start early=earlier finish. how ye think I manage as many games ? Why do you think I've been so grumpy on this thread ? Hope the pennies finally droppedcheers anyway ;)

Don't get back from watching my team midweek until at least 2am and up early Newky. Costs a lot more than a fiver to get in too. It's all about commitment ;)

Don't get back from watching my team midweek until at least 2am and up early Newky. Costs a lot more than a fiver to get in too. It's all about commitment ;)

So ye want me to head straight back doon the road for a 4 o c start in the morning.

No thanks if only I was committed to my team as much as you :P

So ye want me to head straight back doon the road for a 4 o c start in the morning. No thanks if only I was committed to my team as much as you :P

Are you coming the morn or is it horse racing ... ? :P

Dearie me it's like that is it ?

Edit: just out of interest if we got allocated the Sunday 22nd afternoon slot for the groundhop weekend would you have been there :P

:lol: ... first love comes first Newky. I just said I'd help oot by doing the programme. :)

That's another story altogether. It's a good job mr anti ground hop doesnae have a big Hibs game to go to today ... :P

St.james' Park or Pennypitt today no contest....

I'm sure if we were allocated the Sunday afternoon slot you would ve been just as excited...

I would nae call Cowdenbeath and Dumfries away big games like. ;)

Archived