Lowland League Ground Hop

Rab B Nesbit

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gretna and BSC are idle that weekend so I could go to all six matches. However I have been to each of those grounds at least three or four times each so it is less of an attraction for me Could I cope with six matches over a weekend? I am finding going to four this week hard enough.

Anyway I would need to get permission from her that must be obeyed.

Rab, what is the best strategy to go about that?

A bunch of flowers every Friday Cic and if that fails just tell her the queue in the post office was murder :lol:

Groundhop UK are saying the Friday night EK-WW match is "all ticket" and to contact them to get in.

So if locals / away fans turn up unawares and find they can't get in, that's hardly likely to start the relationship off on a good footing !

This will be due to East Kilbride's capacity only being around 500. Probably not an ideal start for the reasons you state but they are part of the league and would be included at some point. Hopefully all who want to go get sorted.

I'm not a hopper. I do enjoy going to new grounds like but none of them are new to me & yes as durty Leeds Phil has said that if I was Rosewellington (remember these are simple folk & have to go abroad to get broadband) they won't be aware of this ticket arrangement & traipsing over to Kilby of a Friday night is some trek for them. I wouldn't fancy being the doorman at KP that night.

On another slight aside I see that our fixture down at Selly has been bumped on an 1/2 hour, so that knocks another 1/2 hour off me post match drinking time & it's already a long way from theirs as it is.

How many eejits are likely to turn up to these events? No offence intended.

Grimbo

If EK's capacity is 500 I doubt it will get near to that. Plus there's a hill behind a ground you can watch for free. Hoppers would not be happy at this as it wouldn't count as a ground but as you point out, it's not going to be an issue. Just a point for those that moan and grumble about such things to pick up on.

The early indications from Groundhop are that it makes sense to make the Friday game all ticket so everyone who travels will be sure of entry . Fully expect East Kilbride to put on a night to remember , on and off the park. Fixture with Whitehill a cracker at any time and a great game to kick off Groundhop first venture in Scotland .

The buggers better turn up to justify the MIGHTY City going to deepest darkest Dalbeattie on a Sunday for a 12 noon kick off. I mean we're not even getting tv money* for that!

*unless Grim gets his wallet out and Spartans TV sponsor the match.... :lol:

Kilby have a great (pre &) post match venue for the swally & knees-up brigade but what are the digs arrangements for the night(s) or do folk just sort it themselves?

Galas clubhouse isn't as big as the sports club next to K-park but I bet they'd put on a good post match spread & it's not too far from town & the Vegas of the North nightlife.

Oh & yes Tam Spamtins TV are in negotiations with the "Heed tha Baa white fiver" company to the filming rights of the D/beattie vs Citeh game, I can just see them making the shed into a tv gantry with just enough room left for a couple of "press" boys so don't forget your box brownie, in case of the Dalbeattie mad march tropical rains.

Grimbo

Taking the piss right, 12 kick off on a Sunday to the nearest club to us. We'll done

Saturday 21 March

12 noon Vale of Leithen v Preston Athletic

3.30pm Selkirk v Spartans

7pm Gala Fairydean Rovers v Stirling University

Sunday 22 March

12 noon Dalbeattie Star v Edinburgh City

3pm Threave Rovers v Edinburgh University

If you wish to attend the GroundHop weekend please contact Chris Berezai at groundhopuk@yahoo.com

Taking the piss right, 12 kick off on a Sunday to the nearest club to us. We'll done

Saturday 21 March

Sunday 22 March

If you wish to attend the GroundHop weekend please contact Chris Berezai at groundhopuk@yahoo.com

Thought this was good idea at the time but EK on a fri night nae good to me either :(

I'm sure im no the only one inconvenienced :o

Taking the piss right, 12 kick off on a Sunday to the nearest farthest club to from us. We'll done

I do have sympathy with this gripe. An early start on a Sunday morning, not the ideal preparation.

But then again there is a silver lining, everyone else is looking for City to drop points somewhere ;)

Thought this was good idea at the time but EK on a fri night nae good to me either :(

I'm sure im no the only one inconvenienced :o

Think of the greater good Newky.

Saturday 21 March

Sunday 22 March

Its 4 months away!, im sure youll get a good nights sleep before you have to travel the whole 2 hours!! to dalbeattie! grow a set!

Archived