Results

1320Lichtie

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This "I'll be on here to congratulate the other side" patter I keep seeing is fucking tragic.

It's not a football game lads. Who gives a shite about what'll be happening on P&B on Sept 19th.

We play St Mirren on the 19th. Double win day.

Libby saying we might not know until 3/4am. Sounds stupid but will the results be revealed then or will they wait to the morning to do the announcements?

Polls close at 10pm, the councils will start counting and results will begin to come out. It'll probably take until 3-4am to get a clear picture as to the results, unless one side absolutely hammers the other, which doesn't look likely.

The coverage will have the exit polls to discuss of course and more analysis of the polls and campaign. I wonder which council will be first to reveal, usually it's urban areas then rural.

As it's a one-off vote there won't be a need for the swingometer, sad times.

I have to work on the Friday but there's no chance of me not staying up. Friday will be a disgustingly awful day if there's a no vote. If it's a yes I'm sure ill power through.

Yes - I will be at work. Happy as my kids have a future in this country.

No - I will be at work. I will miss ma kids when they have to move daaaawn saaaf or abroad for work.

Yes, in a few years time there won't be any jobs in Scotland. Idiot found .

There is a good chance though that your kids will take the opportunity to move further away from you, for obvious reasons .

Yes - I will be at work. Happy as my kids have a future in this country.

No - I will be at work. I will miss ma kids when they have to move daaaawn saaaf or abroad for work.

^^^ What?

Businesses are going to move away after a NO?

News to me.

There is a good chance though that your kids will take the opportunity to move further away from you, for obvious reasons .

Dear me. You don't believe that do you?

Dear me. You don't believe that do you?

He was being sarcastic. It was G.I.T that actually suggested a No vote would lead to there being no jobs in Scotland.

It should be pointed out that desirable work in Scotland is already few and far between. I know that H_B won't like me saying this, but most of the Scottish students I talk to are trying to get their degrees and bugger off down South as soon as somebody will take them. This is probably more a result of boredom than anything.

Sadly the kind of comment to be expected from cretins like you.

Sadly the kind of comment to be expected from cretins like you.

Its to be hoped your children take after their mother.

This will give them a fighting chance in the job market.

If they are chips off your block I fear for them home or abroad.

He was being sarcastic. It was G.I.T that actually suggested a No vote would lead to there being no jobs in Scotland.

It should be pointed out that desirable work in Scotland is already few and far between. I know that H_B won't like me saying this, but most of the Scottish students I talk to are trying to get their degrees and bugger off down South as soon as somebody will take them. This is probably more a result of boredom than anything.

The vast majority of Scottish graduates will stay in Scotland and gain employment here .

There have always been students who have moved to England or further afield. This is not news or in any way a reflection on Scotland .

There are plenty of jobs here for talented graduates. As has always been the case.

Some good ones will leave but most will stay. Some of the dross from Stirling Uni etc will also leave but most will stay

Its to be hoped your children take after their mother.

This will give them a fighting chance in the job market.

If they are chips off your block I fear for them home or abroad.

It really is fucking terrible reading you of all people speak about someone's kids on here, give it a rest bawbag, who the f**k are you to decide what kind of life his kids will have?

The vast majority of Scottish graduates will stay in Scotland and gain employment here .

There have always been students who have moved to England or further afield. This is not news or in any way a reflection on Scotland .

There are plenty of jobs here for talented graduates. As has always been the case.

Some good ones will leave but most will stay. Some of the dross from Stirling Uni etc will also leave but most will stay

Most of the good ones that stay are only staying because they got turned down for a job in London or the States or Australia. I think I've only ever met one student that explicitly stated her desire to remain in Scotland.

The OP seems go be talking Scotland down by saying it's shit - that isn't going to help anyone in the job market, especially not by painting some sort of utterly pessimistic (and incorrect) picture.

There are plenty of graduate jobs in Scotland; there jusr aren't enough for every graduate. In other words, it's the same the world over and people might have to move to seek work. Hell, there's nothing stopping graduates applying fow work abroad these days.

There seems to be a perverse view from some that people should just graduate and get a job within a nice easy commute of their home town. That isn't remotely realistic and I doubt it ever has been.

Most of the good ones that stay are only staying because they got turned down for a job in London or the States or Australia. I think I've only ever met one student that explicitly stated her desire to remain in Scotland.

My point exactly.

Only those with worst cases of jockholme syndrome such as dear auld Half Brick could fail to recognise this.

The OP seems go be talking Scotland down by saying it's shit - that isn't going to help anyone in the job market, especially not by painting some sort of utterly pessimistic (and incorrect) picture.

There are plenty of graduate jobs in Scotland; there jusr aren't enough for every graduate. In other words, it's the same the world over and people might have to move to seek work. Hell, there's nothing stopping graduates applying fow work abroad these days.

There seems to be a perverse view from some that people should just graduate and get a job within a nice easy commute of their home town. That isn't remotely realistic and I doubt it ever has been.

Its just another lot of negative Nat nonsense.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-28036053

Our graduate market is very good. Its also laughable to suggest graduates are scrambling for a move to anywhere rather than scrabble about in this Mad Max style wasteland.

As I said most graduates stay here and work here. That includes most of the good ones and most of the average ones.

The reason the Yes clowns hate this is that its a positive news story achieved as part of the Union.

Not only is it unrealistic, but it's undesirable. Bit of a sad existence to be born into a town and live you entire life in the same place.

My point exactly.

Only those with worst cases of jockholme syndrome such as dear auld Half Brick could fail to recognise this.

You haven't told us how this is going to change after independence, let alone why this would be a good thing.

This is just lies isnt it ?

Archived