Why bother?

billy boy moshni

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else agree that there isn't enough non bread based affordable lunch options on the high street? It sounds overly simplistic, but I think one reason people on the continent are healthier than us is because of a better variety of quick and affordable lunch options which are both healthy and fulfilling.

Do PnBers eat sandwiches most days for lunch, and if not how do you mix it up?

Discuss.

For a time I experimented with cous cous as a lunchtime bread replacement. It was ok, but I found myself confused when I once was offered what I thought was cous cous but was in fact advertised as bulgur wheat. Finding that I now had the option of the same stuff but with a less camp name I went in search of this in uncooked form, from my local mini market. Alas, they only stocked cous cous not the slightly more manly named and aforementioned bulgur wheat.

Facing the dilemma of either changing my shopping habits or accepting that that in order to describe my lunch accurately I would still have to say cous cous, when there was a less fruitily named alternative out there, I admit it, I panicked.

I've been back on enormous rolls and getting annoyed about bread only tasting good for 6 hours before it goes stale for about a month now. Which is sad because cous cous was alright, but it did sound a bit, you know...

I've been back on enormous rolls and getting annoyed about bread only tasting good for 6 hours before it goes stale for about a month now. Which is sad because cous cous was alright, but it did sound a bit, you know...

Embrace it. Olives, a bit of feta cheese perhaps, peppers, cucumber, spring onions, olive oil and a squeeze of lemon. Fit fine

After Motherwell went out in the last round to a bunch of postmen, taxi drivers and binmen Aberdeen, celtic and st johnstone have further embarassed scotland in european competition this week.

Why do your pathetic clubs even bother entering?

Kicking Rangers out the top league has really benefited the club game in Scotland as a whole eh? :lol:

At least we will be back in the top league and winning it next year as is our right and we can adresss the co efficient the following season.

In the meantime stop giving yourselves a red neck and organise a wee tournament amongst yourselves in late July.

We ARE the people

Always have been always will be

Rangers, the only show in town and THE club in Scotland

haha

and people respond to this obvious trolling why?

Oh I've very serious. The lack of a healthy, affordable lunch option on the high street is a big problem.

At their demise, Rangers were a net drag on our coefficient.

Their contribution of points for wins and draws was so feeble, that the effect of dividing all the club contributions with Rangers involved actually resulted in a slightly lower co-efficient than if they hadn't participated. Their involvement wasn't a boost, but a slight hindrance.

Remember this the next time a Rangers fan (not this OP alias) or redtop deploys the sob-story.

while the OP is a complete roaster, your point is kinda wrong

while our participation was a SLIGHT hinderance, the chances are had we not participated then the team replacing us would have been more of a hinderance

just me splitting hairs i suppose, the banned OP is still an absolute bellened

Ah, would a better parallel not be that Tesco suddenly receive a windfall on such a scale that they can invest heavily, to the further detriment of High Street sandwich outlets?

Far from more of us learning from the skills and style of foreigners, we find that our own food producers and preparers are further choked and damaged.

Or something...

Only if one of them was liquidated and were booted out of the High Street/refused permission to open new premises, and had to re-locate to 25 miles out into the country, taking 4 years to acquire premises ever closer to the High Street before returning/arriving.

After Motherwell went out in the last round to a bunch of postmen, taxi drivers and binmen Aberdeen, celtic and st johnstone have further embarassed scotland in european competition this week.

Kicking Rangers out the top league has really benefited the club game in Scotland as a whole eh? :lol:

At least we will be back in the top league and winning it next year as is our right and we can adresss the co efficient the following season.

In the meantime stop giving yourselves a red neck and organise a wee tournament amongst yourselves in late July.

We ARE the people

Rangers were never kicked out the top league.

At their demise, Rangers were a net drag on our coefficient.

Their contribution of points for wins and draws was so feeble, that the effect of dividing all the club contributions with Rangers involved actually resulted in a slightly lower co-efficient than if they hadn't participated. Their involvement wasn't a boost, but a slight hindrance.

Remember this the next time a Rangers fan (not this OP alias) or redtop deploys the sob-story.

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/index.html (sort by country, go to SCO)

By my count next season Scotland will lose 16% of our current coefficient total, which is from Rangers.

• 3 weeks later...

Chorizo is absolutely delicious. A good chorizo, I mean. Not a huge fan of the thin pepperoni style stuff, but chopped chorizo in a pasta with a creamy sauce is just dynamite.

edit: This is what I'm referring to:

Would heartily recommend it at home. I'm utterly incompetent in the kitchen, but even I can follow this recipe and make a genuinely delicious meal in a matter of minutes. Basil, spinach, chargrilled chicken, chorizo (Top Tip: Don't cheap out and buy shitty chorizo, get a good one. It makes the whole meal), double cream, parmesan, fusilli pasta. God-tier food.

That is all.

• 2 years later...
On 7/31/2014 at 21:26, billy boy moshni said:

We ARE the people

Bump.

Archived