Can Celtic go through v Legia Warsaw

billy boy moshni

Can Celtic go through??  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As funny as it is to laugh at Celtic's embarrassing result, you just sour this funniness and appear bitter whilst supporting a club that's never even made it to Europe in their existence.

As funny as it is to laugh at Celtic's embarrassing result, you just sour this funniness and appear bitter whilst supporting a club that's never even made it to Europe in their existence.

Weve played plenty europeean games and will do again so bolt ya dick

everything about celtic depresses me. Scottish football would be much cleaner, happier and competitive without them. I honestly get a feeling of gloom when i think of or see anything regarding that club. Such a dark and unhappy club. i cant quite put my finger on it but they are depressing as f**k.

Ok, I'll try to ignore the identity of he who started the thread and I'll try to override its stupid wording.

Celtic obviously can go through, but the poll needs to address whether people think they will.

Personally, I think they very well might, but hope they don't. They overturned a two goal deficit against Karagandy last season and even nearly escaped from the joy that was Atrmedia a few years before. It's hardly inconceivable for Celtic to put three past a mediocre side at home.

Now obviously this time we're talking Murrayfield rather than Parkhead, but that posed Celtic no great difficulties last week.

I'd say the odds are against Celtic here, but still not wildly so.

Fingers crossed that the Poles can score a goal and surely put the tie out of reach.

I've no great love for Celtic, but I fervently hope they go through for the good of Scottish football. And for the breakdowns it would cause amongst the Sevco support - now that's a club I really loathe!

Aye, it truly is a win, win now.

Celtic lose = hilarious, get it right up them, no champions league millions, apathy amongst their support

Celtic win = relentless sevco seethe, multiple tantrums across Govan

Still hope they get beat mind :)

The problem with Celtic is they were too busy crying about having to go through 3 qualifying rounds to reach the group stages that they forgot that they are not as big as they think they are. Yes they may have a huge fan base, and millions in the bank, but they don't have a team that is near good enough to play in Europe. Just look at their domestic form last season. It was truly woeful.

They have a team made up of misfits and the odd decent player. Rather than spend millions on dross like Mo Bangura, Pukki, Balde etc, they should have invested in players a lot closer to home.

How would it be for the good of Scottish football?

Seriously, how?

Coefficient?

Not a good enough answer.

Explain how the co-efficient works and how Celtic progressing would benefit "Scottish football" in terms of it please. I think I'll need some specifics.

Any Scottish club advancing in Europe raises our co-efficient, which in turn makes it easier for other clubs to qualify for Europe and also means that those who qualify will start at a later stage. If that's not specific enough for you then I can't help it. Sorry.

Any Scottish club advancing in Europe raises our co-efficient, which in turn makes it easier for other clubs to qualify for Europe and also means that those who qualify will start at a later stage. If that's not specific enough for you then I can't help it. Sorry.

What exactly could we stand to gain in terms of more teams competing and at later stages, as a result of Celtic progressing?

What about the suggestion that a more egalitarian game in which one or two clubs are not enabled to make much, much more money than their domestic competitors might enhance the chances of these competitors making say, the Cup progress that would grant European access?

Is a situation where success is so narrowly concentrated on one or two clubs due to resources, really the best way to ensure fair cracks for everyone?

Have you given this any thought, or have you just lapped up the simplistic tripe we get offered by way of analysis?

Archived