20 unionist answers to debunk

Mr Bairn

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can debunk #11

Foreign aid means taking money from poor people in rich countries and giving it to rich people in poor countries. The person who the aid you think it was intended for never usually sees a penny of it. It can often mean propping up dictatorships and funding opposition to countries the political elites don't like for shady underhanded reasons. Ukraine, Syria and Libya being good recent examples of this.

Dear God that is soul destroying to read. This type of person settles for being moist over currently being fourth in a diddy competition like the commonwealth games, something that barely anyone outside of it gives a damn for, drinks in the same pub every week without trying anywhere else, settles for watching Taggart and River City, tells everyone with a confounding smile that we are such a great nation, but then has completely simplistic, head in the sand, views that we are not capable of governing ourselves because this great nation might find it hard. How did half of these people manage to move out of their parent's house? We really are the fucking Kings of mediocrity.

Unfortunately that's how far many thousands of people's interest and knowledge is in politics, even in this most important decision for Scotland for 300 years FFS. These people are politically brain dead. Why did either camp think this was a good idea? Always remember that if you want to get a broad idea of public opinion that the Sun is the biggest selling daily newspaper. That should give you a good start. So sad...

20 reasons to vote Yes:
1. Get rid of nuclear weapons from Scotland, which costs the UK £2.4bn a year to maintain
2. Replacing Trident would cost in excess of £120bn, and the UK would plunge the country into even more debt to do this.
3. The MoD have been allowed to increase the amount of nuclear waste into Scottish waters
4. Oil exploration in the Firth of Clyde was halted due to possible disruption of traffic to Faslane. This included an oil refinery in Ayrshire, one of Scotland's biggest unemployment blackspots.
5. HS1, HS2 and HS3 are being built at the cost of billions, with no mention of Scotland ever being part of the grand plan. Even if it is it will take over a generation before Scotland reaps any dividend from its investment. London will be the main recipient of this investment, while it will continually cost Scotland millions every year.
6. The Conservative party in Scotland has been more or less extinct since Thatcher, leading to an unbalanced political spectrum with a void that has yet to be filled.
7. In 14 out of the past 18 general elections the entire Scottish vote would not have made a difference to the outcome. We have a chance to change that.
8. The NHS is being sold off. We can't let the same happen here.
9. We have the chance to build a modern democracy, a government of the people, by the people and for the people of Scotland, not one that is centred in London that is part of an outdated and sometimes very dubious part of Britain's society.
10. Scotland's wealth in natural resources will be around for many years to come, let's make them work for Scotland. All of the revenue goes to London first. We are an oil rich nation yet we need food banks and have one of the highest levels of poverty in Europe?
11. "More powers" promised. Why was this promised only a few weeks ago? Far too late for me.
12. More powers but also the end of the Barnett Formula.
13. We get to choose our own government. Not one chosen by the South of England.
14. Voting No means you have no confidence in your own country.
15. The more the British media tell us we can't do this or that, the more determined I am to vote Yes.
16. We will still have the pound as currency if we want it. No one can stop us. It's as much ours as anyone else's.
17. The No campaign talks of Scotland being seperatists while promoting en exit from Europe.
18. The Conservative party wants to scrap the Human Rights Act
19. The British media and Westminster have been guilty of scaremongering and telling blatant lies, like borders between Scotland and England. Show me the border between any European country.
20. Vote Yes to actually take responsibility for ourselves and our country. It will also help get rid of voter apathy and get the country switched back on again.

20 reasons to vote Yes:

1. Get rid of nuclear weapons from Scotland, which costs the UK £2.4bn a year to maintain

2. Replacing Trident would cost in excess of £120bn, and the UK would plunge the country into even more debt to do this.

3. The MoD have been allowed to increase the amount of nuclear waste into Scottish waters

4. Oil exploration in the Firth of Clyde was halted due to possible disruption of traffic to Faslane. This included an oil refinery in Ayrshire, one of Scotland's biggest unemployment blackspots.

5. HS1, HS2 and HS3 are being built at the cost of billions, with no mention of Scotland ever being part of the grand plan. Even if it is it will take over a generation before Scotland reaps any dividend from its investment. London will be the main recipient of this investment, while it will continually cost Scotland millions every year.

6. The Conservative party in Scotland has been more or less extinct since Thatcher, leading to an unbalanced political spectrum with a void that has yet to be filled.

7. In 14 out of the past 18 general elections the entire Scottish vote would not have made a difference to the outcome. We have a chance to change that.

8. The NHS is being sold off. We can't let the same happen here.

9. We have the chance to build a modern democracy, a government of the people, by the people and for the people of Scotland, not one that is centred in London that is part of an outdated and sometimes very dubious part of Britain's society.

10. Scotland's wealth in natural resources will be around for many years to come, let's make them work for Scotland. All of the revenue goes to London first. We are an oil rich nation yet we need food banks and have one of the highest levels of poverty in Europe?

11. "More powers" promised. Why was this promised only a few weeks ago? Far too late for me.

12. More powers but also the end of the Barnett Formula.

13. We get to choose our own government. Not one chosen by the South of England.

14. Voting No means you have no confidence in your own country.

15. The more the British media tell us we can't do this or that, the more determined I am to vote Yes.

16. We will still have the pound as currency if we want it. No one can stop us. It's as much ours as anyone else's.

17. The No campaign talks of Scotland being seperatists while promoting en exit from Europe.

18. The Conservative party wants to scrap the Human Rights Act

19. The British media and Westminster have been guilty of scaremongering and telling blatant lies, like borders between Scotland and England. Show me the border between any European country.

20. Vote Yes to actually take responsibility for ourselves and our country. It will also help get rid of voter apathy and get the country switched back on again.

Greenie.

;)

Outing myself as a yes supporter might make me less attractive to the numerous fit as f**k English birds I work with.

#nothanks

Whereas stating you're a No voter will see their knickers simply fly off.

Archived