Motherwell vs St Mirren - 09/08/14

Forearm Smash

I'll be happy to see the back of Jim Goodwin simply so I don't need to read any more shite wrestling patter - I remember that Jennings was accused of an "eye gouge" (and a throat grapple!) on Goodwin in the match thread from that game a couple of years back :lol:

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be happy to see the back of Jim Goodwin simply so I don't need to read any more shite wrestling patter - I remember that Jennings was accused of an "eye gouge" (and a throat grapple!) on Goodwin in the match thread from that game a couple of years back :lol:

Was Jennings not suspended for that?

You know I think Scottish football would miss him- need some controversy every now and again- even if as a Saints fan I'd rather we didn't have it!

The bizarre thing is that Jim seems fairly popular with many of the other players despite everything!

Was Jennings not suspended for that?

Yep. Both got suspended, Jim for his rib-tickler and Jennings for his hand to the face.

Kind of what I hate about football- they've sanitised it a wee bit. I enjoy rugby where the refs stand back, let the players go at it and as long as nobody connects with any good blows, all is well!

Edit- That was the same game Goodwin scored an absolute belter. When Jim scores they tend to be 30 yard crackers.

Yep. Both got suspended, Jim for his rib-tickler and Jennings for his hand to the face.

Kind of what I hate about football- they've sanitised it a wee bit. I enjoy rugby where the refs stand back, let the players go at it and as long as nobody connects with any good blows, all is well!

Edit- That was the same game Goodwin scored an absolute belter. When Jim scores they tend to be 30 yard crackers.

Yeah, I thought they both were. Fans are just as much to blame for stuff like that being blown out of all proportion to be honest. Had a look at that thread Swello linked and it's exactly what you'd expect, with Motherwell fans self-righteously droning on about "thug Goodwin" until it becomes apparent their boy has made a c**t if it too and its the Saints fans turn to be shocked and appalled. We get the game we ask for in all honesty.

I prefer the way rugby deals with it as well.

Is it not supposed to be us ^^On the verge of tears^^?

What part of my post was on the verge of tears. Making a point reasonably I thought.

It was clearly my tears splashing all over your post

I usually defend Jim but on this occasion I just can't. There's just no way anyone can defend what he done on Saturday, there is no attempt to win the ball and Goodwin knows what he was doing when he hits Sutton. Seriously, what the f**k was going through his head? Its even more ridiculous now that he's part of the management team and should be setting an example for the younger players.

Tommy needs to get him by the scruff of the neck, have a strong word with him and tell him to screw the nut!

I wouldnt go as far as saying he's a liability because, as others have said, he adds so much to the team when he focuses on the match. Obviously he's going to get bookings because of the role he has in the team but there is no need for him to get himself sent off for stupid things like that, it's just unacceptable!

Well fan in peace.

Any further post match reaction from Tom Craig on Goodwin's dismissal? I would have thought he'd have added to his immediate post match comment.

Was asked about it on the radio before the game last night and stormed off. Asked about it afterwards and said it was the right decision. Didn't add any more though.

Archived