Motherwell vs St Mirren - 09/08/14

Sometimes better not to comment on guys you've never seen play football then, no?

I have seen him play, on the tele.

Get rid. Captain material? FFS.

So glad to hear all the good reviews of Erwin, boy was unreal for us and if he hadn't gotten injured im sure he would've made an impact last season.

Wish him and Motherwell all the best.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So glad to hear all the good reviews of Erwin, boy was unreal for us and if he hadn't gotten injured im sure he would've made an impact last season.

Wish him and Motherwell all the best.

I saw a youtube clip of him scoring a Van Basten for you lot at Gayfield a couple of years back when he was on loan - been interested to see him in our first team since then....

Additionally: How on earth did St Mirren get away with those strips, the numbers/names on the back are nigh on unreadable, aside from it just being generally shite.

Names and numbers on our tops have been difficult to read for ages. The SPL font is too wee and narrow, and in red on a striped background it is difficult to read- someone did a comparison with the red font England uses and it is much bolder. I'd perhaps say the new tops make the numbers stand out more bizarrely.

Anyway to summarise- top is shite!

I saw a youtube clip of him scoring a Van Basten for you lot at Gayfield a couple of years back when he was on loan - been interested to see him in our first team since then....

A Jutkiewicz you mean? ;)

Good to hear both sets of fans recognising just how good Plummer is.

Proves that Oldham fans and one particular fanny from Dundee, really don't know what they're slabbering about.

Killie fans - Tesselaar was outstanding at left back today.

Can't argue with what both Well and Saints fans have said so far.

I've supported Goodwin pretty much in the past. However, if he tried to elbow Sutton, then he is a fucking imbecile of the highest order and deserves all the punishment he gets. The thing is, when he does actually stick to playing football, he adds so much to our team.

Maybe wasn't quite that good.

Nothing is.

Nothing.

Also, fair play to the Albion Rovers fan I met on the train back to Dundee, what a fine chap he was. He only mentioned the cup game last year about 12 times. Thoroughly decent of him. :lol:

Plummer looked a very good find. Where did he come from?

Strange day - in that (obviously) I am pleased we won and kept a clean sheet. But it was a very stuttered performance and a draw was the least St Mirren deserved.

We had a few injuries and suspensions and one or two on the field did not look fit. There were plus points in Twardzik, Erwin, Kerr in central defence and Law was decent. Lasley has gone backwards, so hopefully he can pick up or else captain or not - I would look to another midfielder.

On another day and another team (United) we would have lost by a few at least.

A much tougher prospect awaits at Tannadice and we need to up our game ten fold to get something

You were beaten by a bunch of kids and you had one first pick missing, Aberdeen or United would have destroyed you.

Long season ahead for the Maureens.

The reason Motherwell always finish above you is because they're better than you.

I'm sure you'll locate some Sheeps wool on your way home, use that to dry your tears regarding this issue. Leave it out of the match thread though, ta.

I've made no secret of my admiration for Motherwell. They are what we could and perhaps should be. Save for them annually disgracing themselves in cup competitions, Motherwell run a good solid operation.

I assume I'm not the only one who found the conclusion to last years Premiership a bit funny.

After the North East dominated national media ( Spence, Gordon etc ) had spent the whole campaign fawning over Aberdeen and Dundee Utd, it inconveniently transpired Motherwell were better than both.

Well done. You're still better than them, and I think you'll finish above both this season. Be proud of what you are and what you're doing and don't do yourself down.

Plummer looked a very good find. Where did he come from?

As FTOF said, Man City.

He is with their Elite Development Squad (best of their Academy players). 19 and capped at England U-17 level. Unfortunately its only a year loan but from what I have seen of him so far he will be a standout for us. We were after another of their Elite Squad but the deal fell through at the last minute. Pity. If he is half as good as Plummer he would have made a big impact in our squad.

This thread has been awfully amicable. Unnerving to say the least.

Re the Goodwin incident - if the assistant has noticed an elbow then surely that is a straight red card for violent conduct? Seems nonsensical to give him a second yellow for such a serious offence.

As for us, it was a total missed opportunity. Motherwell had players out injured and we outplayed them from start to finish. I don't think it's concerning, I think it was just one of those afternoons where nothing fell for us and 'Well took their solitary second half chance.

Play like that every week and we could push for top six. Exciting season ahead.

I can't see this "St Mirren outplayed motherwell the full game" thing, I thought it was pretty even.

They deserved nothing though. Never scored. We did.

Archived