Motherwell vs St Mirren - 09/08/14

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fairly horrific injury list for Motherwell.

We might have an U20s team out on Saturday. More likely we'll have a lot of experienced 50% fit injury crocks labouring through the match and then dropping like flies during the game.

Fairly horrific injury list for Motherwell.

We might have an U20s team out on Saturday. More likely we'll have a lot of experienced 50% fit injury crocks labouring through the match and then dropping like flies during the game.

Did a Well fan not say earlier that you tend to have loads of players reported injured before a game but then come game time they're actually playing?

Probably will be the case.

Reid, Hammell, McManus and Ramsden are apparently all 'definitely' out according to the bbc as well as long term casualties Moore and Lawson and the suspended Vigurs.

If the above is true then by my reckoning we have only 10 outfield players available tomorrow that have ever started a 1st team game at this level before.

However I expect the BBC are just guessing and at least a couple of the above will make it.

Not even gonna guess what are team is going to be but f**k it, bring it on.

By the sounds of that, perhaps Euan Murray/Someone at the club has fucked up by not signing on for another six months.

Get the feeling theres more to that than people are letting on though.

McCall confirmed in his press conference that 2 of the first choice back 4 are definitely out and 2 will have a fitness test tomorrow morning, I reckon we will gamble on their fitness and play them anyway in the hope they get through the game. I also wouldn't be surprised if we sign Darren Barr on a short term deal just before the game as well.

Match day and looking forward to the game. Should be an interesting encounter as we go with a new forward line of Callum Ball and Ross Caldwell. I expect Marwood to play wide right as that is where he played for most of his time at Gateshead. His pace could be a real asset down the right side.

Hopefully big Cheesy will be fit and we are sorted. COYS.

Won't be at the game today, and beginning to regret committing to other plans, but so it goes.

Absolutely no point in predictions at this stage in the season. I hope we take the game to Well from kick off and it sets the tone for the season.

COYS!

Won't be at the game today, and beginning to regret committing to other plans, but so it goes.

Absolutely no point in predictions at this stage in the season. I hope we take the game to Well from kick off and it sets the tone for the season.

COYS!

There's still time to get out them :)

Is it 3pm yet?

Can't beat that unbridled, probably naive, but as yet untainted and untested optimism of the first day of the season.

Head says Well will probably win and a point would be a superb result. Heart says... We can win this!

Aye, think one of the Dundee games will be my first due to work and holidays.

Happy traveling to all the Buds and the Well fans on here seem like a decent bunch, good luck for the rest of season apart from today.

COYS. :)

In the words of James Blunt... Here we go again. Fir Park bound!

We haven't won an opening game since 2006 FFS.

No pressure on us today, never budget from getting any points at Motherwell... :)

Archived