Gary O Connor

surely not!

Hope he proves all his doubters wrong this year were no all perfect but we do love football hope big man had good season except against welfare that is!

His spell at Morton proved that his doubters were absolutely spot on.

If a former international winds up in the Lowland League at the age of 31 there's absolutely nothing he can do at that level to prove he's anything other than a failure given what was expected of his career.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His spell at Morton proved that his doubters were absolutely spot on.

If a former international winds up in the Lowland League at the age of 31 there's absolutely nothing he can do at that level to prove he's anything other than a failure given what was expected of his career.

Maybe so but good on the lad for giving it another go and let's hope he can make a success of things at Selkirk.

He lives in a council house where the rent is 65 quid a week. This is quite possibly his only option to be able to survive. I highly doubt he's "giving it another go".

When we played Morton and he started he was gassed within about 20 minutes and could barely move.

He lives in a council house where the rent is 65 quid a week. This is quite possibly his only option to be able to survive. I highly doubt he's "giving it another go".

When we played Morton and he started he was gassed within about 20 minutes and could barely move.

:huh:

Maybe so but good on the lad for giving it another go and let's hope he can make a success of things at Selkirk.

Which isn't my argument. Since returning from Lokomotiv Moscow, his career has been an utter failure, and no amount of success at one of the lowest levels of senior football will change that. O'Connor "starring" in the Lowland League would be a success on the level of Rangers winning the Third Division.

And as someone he consistently let down last season, I'll not be sharing your sentiments. "Let's hope" his time at Selkirk is an absolute disaster and career finished for good sooner rather than later. It would be no more than he deserves.

Which isn't my argument. Since returning from Lokomotiv Moscow, his career has been an utter failure, and no amount of success at one of the lowest levels of senior football will change that. O'Connor "starring" in the Lowland League would be a success on the level of Rangers winning the Third Division.

And as someone he consistently let down last season, I'll not be sharing your sentiments. "Let's hope" his time at Selkirk is an absolute disaster and career finished for good sooner rather than later. It would be no more than he deserves.

On the subject, I'm a bit surprised that Super Ally didn't take a punt on this waster. Has a track record of signing has-beens.

You got his name on the back of a replica shirt didn't you ... :lol:

The Record just loves a story like this. The other week, it carried something similar about Kevin Kyle.

Much as O'Connor has royally arsed things up, there's something pretty nasty in this kind of coverage.

I think o`connor will be a great signing for selkirk im surprised a league 1 or 2 team never took him to get a good pre season in him and get fit, he will be in the top 3 goalscorers at the end of the season I reckon

No League 1 or 2 team had a look at him because he's a fat b*****d

I think he is just trying to get back in to a position where he can play with minimal disruption to his play. If he plays reasonably well, it could be enough to maybe get him back to at least Championship level. If he could prove his fitness and was banging in goals, a Raith or a Dumbarton would probably take a chance on him or at least an Airdire or an Ayr in League 1. Not exactly English or Russian top flight but not the end of the world either.

Archived