Gary O Connor

surely not!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He called the ref a "f*cking bellend" apparently. And did the walk of shame to the dressing room.

Evening news reports it as a kick out at one of the city players. So perhaps he did that too tam but don't think it's what he was sent off for!

As an aside, the news have dedicated a few columns to his return to EH7 ( as they call it) but have very little space for a match report! I've previously stated that it raises the interest in the league having names like this in it, but I had hoped that it would lead to increased football coverage rather than the sideshow.

He will miss this Saturday but will be back for Spartans the first booking was a joke

What was it for? The news article said his second yellow could have been a straight red in itself-which would have made it at least a two game ban. But good news for selkirk that he only misses one game.

I hope he's at ours. I for one want to see him play, mind saying that I still want him to be on the losing side. 1st we've got a hard game down at Gretna to get out of the way.

We always get a tough game against Gretna but it shows just how improved our league is that the Selkirk match is just as appetising a fixture.

Grimbo

Both went for a high ball and he got it the bloke hut the ground on the way down very soft booking second was a booking no way a red but with that ref he could have sent him of

The angle I seen it was both players did jump but O'Connor was never watching the ball and I presume the ref seen the same, How the hell can you say that kicking out at a player when the ball was no where near him not a straight red or the sly kick he had the previous that the ref bottled it do anything about or calling the ref a *ucking bellend that eveyone in the ground heard again a booking that was never issued in fact the ref was doing his best to keep him on the park.

The News article tonight was a bit snidey- it said he "sneaked out of Meadowbank". Actually he walked smartly out with a pal, nobody was particularly paying attention to him and I was able to catch up and get him to sign my programme (it's my pension plan... ;) )!

• 8 months later...

In another unlikely twist looks like Jos O'Connor may be leaving Selkirk to become a player-coach in the Indian Super League, rival of the I-League, alongside Zico, Materazzi & Peter Taylor :lol::thumsup2.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/ex-blues-star-garry-oconnor-asked-9278959

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Super_League

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Indian_Super_League_season

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived